Accessing Partitioned Drive

It lists:
Local drive(C)
Local Drive(D)
If I install a program, or say pictures into the D drive, will that link them up?

I tried to install a Kodak photo program in the D drive, it would ignore the choice and put it in the C drive.
Ron

if you were to store files on them their location would be something like this D:\pictures\nov1\randompic.jpeg
while if you had them stored on the C drive it would look like this
C:\pictures\nov1\randompic.jpeg

i THINK that the reason you cannot install programs on the D drive is because the OS (operating system) is stored on the C: drive therefore the registry is stored on the C: drive, its like installing a program on a flash drive that is not U3 equipped i DONT think it will work,

but you should be able to store files on the D drive

also does it say an error after you change the install location the the D drive, or does it prompt you why id had to change back to the C drive

CGfreak102 says:
"also does it say an error after you change the install location the the D drive, or does it prompt you why id had to change back to the C drive"

No prompt or error message when I attempted to install the program. It just ignored the path and went to the C drive.
I did save pictures to the D drive as per your suggestion.
The question is, how do I integrate the D drive into the overall system? As far as the computer goes, it's only dealing with the C drive whose capacity is low.
Ron

Back
Top Bottom