Christmas Upgrades...

I would wait until January. Intel has their 8 and 9 series CPU's coming out.

CPU's eh? I think you mean GPU :p
But yeah, I may go for one of them, but I'm not going to be daft this time...

I'm going to let them play the field, until they do what they have with the 8800GT... because I spent double on my card, and its...not as good? What?!

Just don't spend it on your PC...save it up for a car or something. Your computer is already plenty fast.

Yeah, spending it on something that means more to you in the long run, may proove to be better.
I know a computers worth while in the short run, but in the long run, it's upgraded and forgotten about, etc. A car is a good example for something that'll last longer, and be loved for longer.

Ya, I asked if I could save it for a down payment but my Mom said no because he wants me to have presents on Christmas...but I guess she can't force me to spend money lol, never thought I'de be saying that! :p

Just ask for like a few small things and then money towards a car, that's what I'm doing. Some CDs, a 360 game or two...

Or if your talking about a PS3 game, only 1 in most places... so expensive...
360 games are around £40-£45 here. PS3 games are around £45-£50 and even £55 here... Ouch!

I may do the same thing, as were officially not getting a Wii as a group present any more :(

Your mom is forcing you to spend your own money? My parents are trying to get my brother just to save money... He has about $20 to his name... I'm better at saving, though I splurged on my LCDs, I am going to reimburse all that money and more by selling 3 PCs when I can. Same thing I did when I bought my new build. I had $800 in cash, bough the system, then reimbursed my bank account w/ the cash. No more spending for me though. The rest of the money I get from now on from selling PCs and work will go toward my new car (used but newer than my '92 Tempo).

Once I leave for college, I'm selling my PC and spending the rest of the money on my car. Hopefully my parents will buy me a laptop for college...

Hmm... I've wondered wheather getting a laptop would be a good decision for me, especially when making music and modelling. I find a get more inspiration in different rooms. My room's rather bland, and what I create in it tends to be bland too... Then just use the main PC to render, etc.

Good luck with that plan :)

Back
Top Bottom