Ok for Low / Medium Crysis settings?

Ehh what the hell i'm just waiting for UFC unleashed to come on. I suppose i'll boot up XP and see how much more I get. Be back in a bit.

Damn my curiosity!

Edit IN: So I booted into XP to test the difference. My first thought being this is the first i've used XP for quite some time it looks like crap. Now moving on.

XP 32bit 1024X768 Sig Overclocked Spec's

CPU Time Demo: 74FPS
GPU Time Demo: 81.5FPS

I was really suprised there is that much of a difference! Xp was 18FPS faster in the CPU test and for the first time the GPU bench was faster then the CPU test and yielded 27FPS more! Damn I never would have guessed it was that drastic of a difference. Sorry for saying you were full of it DJ you probally could pull 60FPS in XP.

Off to reboot back into Vista. Unreal once you use Vista you'll never ever want to use XP again. TFF it looks like some POS car.

Well, its nice to play it as intended.

Using the very high settings trick in XP, my computer gets 11fps to 18fps depending on whats happening.
Thats at 1680x1050 by the way.

I'm picking it up this fri :) Can't wait! I've played through the demo a few times now

I tend to play it in window mode though at 1280x1024 with around 25fps

Mattie said:
CPU Time Demo: 74FPS
GPU Time Demo: 81.5FPS

still dont think a 8600GT would be able to pull off 60FPS though, the 8800GTS is MUCH faster than the 8600GT.

@kage
only 100 more until you hit 5 digits :eek:

Well, its nice to play it as intended.

Using the very high settings trick in XP, my computer gets 11fps to 18fps depending on whats happening.
Thats at 1680x1050 by the way.

I'm picking it up this fri :) Can't wait! I've played through the demo a few times now

I tend to play it in window mode though at 1280x1024 with around 25fps

So your getting 25FPS with Tweaked Very high settings in XP then @ 1280X1024. Thats not bad at all. I just play 1680X1050 with medium settings myself. Forget the exact numbers but its around 40FPS.

I only ran these tests just to see if it was possible to get 60FPS at those settings.

I don't like playing a game myself at 25FPS. Thats the only reason I play at medium settings. When I first tried it in XP I played high settings without a problem. In Vista it just drags to much for my tastes.

I may install Crysis demo tommorow on my brothers PC, which is basically the same except he has an 8800GTX, and I have an 8800GTS 640, to see if running using the Very High settings hack, wheather its more playable on that.

If so, I may be tempted to sell my 8800GTS since I still have the box and that, and buy the 8800 GT since even though it has less ram, its now overall, the better card, and should run Crysis well, with around 25fps if I'm not mistaken from benchmarks.

Heck, maybe I'll be okay anyway, and the retail version MAY just push the Quad that little bit more, pushing me just over 20fps on High (Very high mod) and I may be happier.

I don't mind running in Window mode (I just hope in the retail they have other widescreen settings) as I don't get stretching and can run it at a native res, albeit, acting like a smaller monitor, but ah well.

EDIT:

@MattieDaShark83, Yeah, I didn't think it's that bad either, and at that setting, it's my full monitors length downwards, but with borders either side, which I don't mind if I can play it as its meant to be.

I wasn't prepared to drop the quality though, not for a new computer like mine. It was either going to run at full, or not at all :p

The retail version I've heard has more tweaks than the demo anyway (i.e, seperate settings), as the demo doesn't give you much in the way of settings for different parts of each sector as it were.

im wanting to sell my GTS aswell, but i have the 320MB version so im going to have shell out a little cash if i find someone to sell it too for a decent price.

Just be patient remember the game isn't really designed for dual/quads yet so hopefully they will take better advantage of the multiple cores when its released.

I've been playing through the sandbox editor in windowed mode and its really not bad playing in a window. I think it was like 1440X790 or something.

I don't really see that much of a performance difference to justify selling you 640mb card unless you can pull close to face value. The performance difference just isn't that great.

I'd say stick with the 640mb and tough it out for the new line of the GTS/GTX. Of course its your decision. I've got itchy fingers myself and almost ordered a 8800GT the day they were released but I figured i'd hang off for Nvidias next launch.

Be sure to let me know how the GTX peforms i'm rather curious to see how much better it does than your GTS. It will probally shine alot more at higher resolutions.

Yeah, though... I'll have to hook it up to my 1680x1050 monitor to make it a fair test.

My brothers lucky (he won't be buying Crysis though... heck... he didn't even know it existed...), as he has a 8800GTX, but also has a rather small native resolution on the 17 inch panel, of 1280x1024, so I know, at that res, with that card, the game would fly by pretty much with hardly any slow down, and as the monitor is meant for that res, it'll look pretty damn good.

As for buying the card... I can afford it, but you may be right.

I'm not usually a compulsive buyer... but lately... I don't know... somethings been happening, and I've been doing it a lot more. Its ever since I shelled out on this PC...

Yeah, though... I'll have to hook it up to my 1680x1050 monitor to make it a fair test.

My brothers lucky (he won't be buying Crysis though... heck... he didn't even know it existed...), as he has a 8800GTX, but also has a rather small native resolution on the 17 inch panel, of 1280x1024, so I know, at that res, with that card, the game would fly by pretty much with hardly any slow down, and as the monitor is meant for that res, it'll look pretty damn good.

As for buying the card... I can afford it, but you may be right.

I'm not usually a compulsive buyer... but lately... I don't know... somethings been happening, and I've been doing it a lot more. Its ever since I shelled out on this PC...

Dude I know the feeling looking at how much i've spent at newegg. Seemed like every week I was ordering something new. I'm trying to stop for a little bit lol.

Why the hell did he buy a GTX to game at 1280X1024 LOL? Tell him to buy a bigger monitor to really enjoy his card!

As for Crysis I can't even pick it up till tuesday. I'm on my week off from work and go back friday night go figure. So I won't be off till tuesday morning.

Back
Top Bottom