Girlfriends build

kingston is a very good brand. there usually used when people upgrade there prefabs and know very little about computers. they dominate that segment of the market (one of the few brands who sell there ram to places like best buy\circuit city\etc.)

although i like to point out im very pleased with my A-Data sticks :D bought 4 and they all run good, and my first 2 sticks could run at 1080mhz, but then my motherboard couldnt take any more OCing so i had to stop there, so for all i know it could have gone higher :eek: this is all for some of the cheapest RAM you can buy too. although the only complaint i had is its latency is 5, but raw speed beats latency.

lol nice.

so i dont really need anything else. for 288 dollars is should snag all that and upgrade huh.

So you're definitely going to keep the old case then? That should be all you need. Use the existing case fans and CD burner. The motherboard will usually come bundled with a lot of cables for the hard drive, DVD ROM, etc. Other than that, I don't see anymore that you could use. Motherboard has it's own video output. Damn, it's not bad for $288.

Really not bad at all for 288.

Haha its pathetic it will be better then my computer. Lol oh well.

I feel almost the same way too. You see, I spent about $210 just for CPU and RAM alone, lol. You got the whole system for just a bit more than me and Im using outdated stuff too. Funny.

No problem. She'll do fine with that system. It would suck if I end up upgrading the whole motherboard too. That means all the money I put into the new CPU and RAM will be useless.

That wouldn't be a very smart thing to do... unless you sell them before (with OUT taking a loss)

Then i'd say feel free.

But I wouldnt take a loss on that stuff..

I wouldn't think about doing it now. Too late for a decision change. If I do get a new motherboard, it's going to be for a whole new PC all together.

Back
Top Bottom