Sooo

Can't go wrong with 3GB of RAM. If you want to upgrade in the future, buy a new video card and that's an awesome setup.

Vista gets treated very unfairly by those who have the standard irrational hatred of all things Microsoft. I have personally found it to be stable and fast, although Aero is bloated and can slightly offset any speed increase.

It is definitely more modern technology; try using ReadyBoost in XP and tell me how you get on. Which reminds me, things like that do not even exist in XP.

Vista offers a whole raft of new features and improvements. My all time favourite Windows is Windows 2000, though. I believe Microsoft started to overcomplicate things by releasing different versions of the same product; XP Home vs Professional... Windows Vista and its seven (I believe) different versions.

one thing that annoys me with the people who bash vista is their thing about it using too much RAM, ive been running it since just after it was released with 512 RAM, with no performance issues whatsoever.. when you get people saying omgz you need at least a gazillionGB of ram, its utter useless bull.. im sitting here quite happily on 512, no problem whatsoever..

i double that, Vista uses ram because it can, why buy 1GB of ram and have your OS only just 200 or so MB of it(XP). i idle at roughly 30% of my 2GB, which is 600MB, thats with Aero enabled too, turn Aero off, and let windows adjust to having just 512MB of ram and i bet it could idle at roughly 350-450MB easy.

last night i was in the cryengine editor for Crysis, and that thing was eating up my ram, and windows automatically started to lessen the RAM it was using, Vista went from using 30% to 20% so the editor could use more, the editor performed fine aswell.

one thing that annoys me with the people who bash vista is their thing about it using too much RAM, ive been running it since just after it was released with 512 RAM, with no performance issues whatsoever.. when you get people saying omgz you need at least a gazillionGB of ram, its utter useless bull.. im sitting here quite happily on 512, no problem whatsoever..

This is because vista memory management is different, infact very similar to *nix based operating systems. It tries to use all of your ram to speed up your system, unlike XP and below which just used what is needed.

Wow what versions of Vista is everyone using. Maybe since I have more ram it allocates more of it. Or maybe its just because I'm using Vista Ultimate. With my gadgets and such running I use between 1.1-1.3gigs of ram. Right now i'm using 29% of my memory.

I did that memory hot fix recently and it seems my ram goes up and down from time to time anybody know why its doing that? Earlier today I left it at the desktop while I went out and it was using like 1.5gigs of memory when I got back.

Back
Top Bottom