I've had it.

hi, i'm for the most part new here, and mostly post when i need help with something. being someone that is extremely new to building computers, i have a few ideas that would probably attract some more people like me.

have a page that has a top 5 rankings for each type of computer part and in price ranges that the regulars agree on more or less, with the moderators final say since he is the one to change it.

or to simplify things for people that are always asking for what a good gaming build or photoshop build would be, have the same type of page but with a more or less model to follow on those types of systems in the usual price ranges given by people. before they then go to the forum and ask how they can improve on it.

i know the main problem with these is that everyone has their different preferences on what they like or what brand they don't like. but i got attracted here when asking for help on what i whuild build for a new gaming computer and then what heatsink would be good to upgrade to shortly after. but i think that might attract more people for you guys or at least a lot more hits

i'm not sure if you are after people with a large knowledge or new people like me but if you are attracting the second group i think simplification for them is the way since they don't have the know how of what they are doing.

I don't thin it's going that downhill...but you guys eriously disgust me with no spirit....look, people complain even on a pointless thread. Guess what? It's pointless threads that makes the forum have a spirit. If you're not happy about what I just said, LEAVE.

Also, if you're tired of the theme, it is possible to ask David to put a new theme. Replace the old with something light eye-candy. Something as simple as a grandient with borders. Works wonders and gives more life.

Seriously, it's people who are just WAY TOO TIGHT on the dang...no...DAMN rules. Look, you can't do thiis and that...of course, but to what extend are we pushing it? I mean, why waste users's waste of uploads for the For Sale thread? They can provide pics if someone is interested selling. Ebay links...it's one of the easiest way to sell...so I totally had no problem when I was a mod with them.

Also, people who just look at pointless threads, and just plain complain all the time against Maurice and this member and that member...I would have BANNED that guy who complained almost. To my rules, these are spirit destroyers, and I would have PBed them. Have a life and have a god damn spirit. Seriously, that's what makes the forum look bad and will eventually lead to downhill:mad:

i agree with lhuser down to the last words, if somebody quotes him, then your going to have to quote me aswell :p

anyways, this is the 3rd to 4th thread about this, how about we make a thread about how "downhill" this forum is going and sticky it so we dont have to keep making threads like this.

Uh we need something like maybe forum games, cf cash, for every certian amount of post you get "cash" that you can spend on stuff like custom user title. Then again that may encourage un necessary posts to rack up money. I also think a new rule needs to be impemented for grammar. Alot of people that come on here post up crap in IM language and even I can't understand it. I beleive we should have a rule that states that you need to try and use your best grammar on the forums, kinda like a lenient rule but if someone comes on here and posts every single post in horrible grammar/spelling, they shouldn't deserve to be on the forums.

thats a very good idea,that would be good incentive for new members to stay.

I just had another idea,what about a Guru and above only sub forums,where only members Guru and above can post.

nah I don't like that idea. Would make the place feel cliquey. Experience from other forums with that setup suggests that coversations from the guru only forums ..tend to spill over into the regular forums. I hate that and new members would also. It's like your not welcome here till you post this many posts. Not to mention the fact that it would increase Dudemcbob syndrome where people would spam to reach guru status.

nah I don't like that idea. Would make the place feel cliquey. Experience from other forums with that setup suggests that coversations from the guru only forums ..tend to spill over into the regular forums. I hate that and new members would also. It's like your not welcome here till you post this many posts. Not to mention the fact that it would increase Dudemcbob syndrome where people would spam to reach guru status.

ha ha your right there

Back
Top Bottom