I've had it.

Just pointing out something about the "Sub-Forums" and sections.

How many threads are in the review section: 41 Posts: 337.
Dedicated Hosting: 240 Threads and 1,097 Posts.

What I'm saying is we have many sections that NO ONE USES.
A temporary member is not going to give a crap about Dedicated Hosting. People who want that go to sites where there well know for website hosting.

Compare all the sections to the two everyone knows, Social Lounge: 11,423 Threads, 239,413 Posts. General hardware: 33,238 Threads, 296,863 Posts.

Think about what sections that are gathering dust and try to add better ones to replace those.

Well heres the monthly "David doesn't listen and never does a thing thread".

Custom avatars lasted long didn't they.

The forum isn't going down hill. We get new members all the time, take a look at the memberslist: http://www.computerforums.org/memberlist.php?&order=desc&sort=joindate&pp=30&page=1
thats 60 new members/day and do you know why? because they search for computer forums so they can post their problem and when its answered they leave. So what is george monks created 5 accounts, he got banned for spamming and I'm a great believer in second chances but their comes a point when he needs to be banned and any subsequent accounts will also be.

Uh we need something like maybe forum games, cf cash, for every certian amount of post you get "cash" that you can spend on stuff like custom user title. Then again that may encourage un necessary posts to rack up money. I also think a new rule needs to be impemented for grammar. Alot of people that come on here post up crap in IM language and even I can't understand it. I beleive we should have a rule that states that you need to try and use your best grammar on the forums, kinda like a lenient rule but if someone comes on here and posts every single post in horrible grammar/spelling, they shouldn't deserve to be on the forums.

Well heres the monthly "David doesn't listen and never does a thing thread".

Custom avatars lasted long didn't they.

The forum isn't going down hill. We get new members all the time, take a look at the memberslist: http://www.computerforums.org/memberlist.php?&order=desc&sort=joindate&pp=30&page=1
thats 60 new members/day and do you know why? because they search for computer forums so they can post their problem and when its answered they leave. So what is george monks created 5 accounts, he got banned for spamming and I'm a great believer in second chances but their comes a point when he needs to be banned and any subsequent accounts will also be.

I don't think is going down hill David, its perfectly fine, sure we get people joining just to solve there computer problem then with a blink of an eye there gone, so what, that will never stop whats more important is word of mouth if people are happy with the site they keep coming back and they spread the word round to there Friends about CF being a good, helpful, reliable computer forum, eventually we get new members who stick around and thats how we are able to grow, also what do people really expect from a free computer forum, they should count themselves lucky someone like yourself is willing to go out there way to offer this good site and for that I thank you.

I don't think is going down hill David, its perfectly fine, sure we get people joining just to solve there computer problem then with a blink of an eye there gone, so what, that will never stop whats more important is word of mouth if people are happy with the site they keep coming back and they spread the word round to there Friends about CF being a good, helpful, reliable computer forum, eventually we get new members who stick around and thats how we are able to grow, also what do people really expect from a free computer forum, they should count themselves lucky someone like yourself is willing to go out there way to offer this good site and for that I thank you.

Thank you for your support and I agree exactly with what you said :)

We do have a couple members that stick, I know lowndsey seems to be quite new and hes already building a rep for himself around here.

In my opinion, anything that results in unlockables or personal enhancements based on post counts, rep or similar, just results in spam and pissing matches between members when one person gets something and someone else does not.

Any changes made need to be universal, in my opinion. Have you thought about perhaps making things like a new theme, new logo etc., part of the five year celebrations? It might be a nice competition to run, it would take some organising but it might be nice for those who want change to be allowed to put their ideas forward.

i think this is a case of being given an inch and wanting a mile...

We've been given custom avatars. Thanks for that David. But this doesn't mean we can start asking for all things we can think of, the forum has done pretty darn well over the past few years as it is, with only minor changes.

Seriously, its not like we've had 200% more people staying just because of the custom avatars, maybe its a start but we should just sit back for a bit, let it all sink in and THEN we can start to talk about what is important. Gradually we can work to get this forum even better.

Lets give David a rest shall we? I think were overloading David with pointless requests at the moment.

Lets give David a rest shall we? I think were overloading David with pointless requests at the moment.

I would agree with this. I feel for David having to come onto his site every evening and seeing what basically amounts to spam about can we have this, can we have that, David never does anything etcetera.

Put yourself in David's position; if you were bombarded with this day in day out from people who offer two words of thanks before whining again, would you have the incentive to do more? If I were David, I seriously think I would be past caring by now. It seems nothing he does is ever enough.

^ agreed with what the above few people have said..

this theme is not dreadful, infact, its tidy and quite nice and easy to negotiate.. im happy with it, and find more complex themes tedious..
costom sigs would look tacky, like when rudster decided to paste in after every post that thing he made.. made the forum look crap..
custom av's too small? isnt the main point of the forum supposed to be the small characters you type into the box, rather than a picture next to your name.. you have custom av's.. be happy with that.

for christ sakes people give him a break.. its less than a month after he let you have the custom avs, and you are already doing the 'omgz this forum sucks david never does anything im going to leave' crap. quit it for a while will you..

yes, this forum is for suggestions, but the whole david never does anything gets tedious as hell after a while.. im not suprised that he is touroughly pissed off with it all..

Back
Top Bottom