WIFI question.

okay, well right now my computer and my other computer are hardwired to my router in our finished basement, in the next couple weeks I'm moving my computer and other comp into my room, my moms computer is on the 1st floor, and my computer will be on the 2nd.

Will she get any decrease in signal?

okay, well right now my computer and my other computer are hardwired to my router in our finished basement, in the next couple weeks I'm moving my computer and other comp into my room, my moms computer is on the 1st floor, and my computer will be on the 2nd.

Will she get any decrease in signal?

if she just does simple things like surf the web and read/send email it shouldn't matter that much if there's a decrease in the signal for her...

Yeah but still, the question is...as stated.

I don't want a lot of signal lose.

well the thing you have to keep in mind is that wi-fi cant go though walls\doors. they have to "bounce" around them, so as long as there is a clean path to the wireless router she should get very good signal. my brothers on board wireless gets ~80% signal going through 2 walls and having a crappy modem (a modem with onboard wireless)

okay thanks guys! Just don't want her complaining after I put my stuff in my room.

Just remember though, the signal has to bouce around walls and corners. Keep that in mind when you place it.

Back
Top Bottom