Ok for Low / Medium Crysis settings?

SwitchBlade305

Baseband Member
I just paid today and I ordered pretty much a new computer besides the hard drive because I had a brand new one lying around that I haven't even opened.. I am just curious at to how this hardware could run Crysis, the parts are fairly new but they are not the top dogs like some of the others out there..

AMD X2 4400+
Evga 8600gt 256mb 128-bit
Abit SLI motherboard
2 gigs of Corsair DDR2800
Rosewill 550 Watt psu
Windows XP Pro

I am not using Vista because I don't have the money to get it as of now.. Next week I may pick it up all depending on if I have the money.. Either way, I am due for a new Computer anyway, this machine now is an Athlon XP 2000+ geforce 6200 256mb and 1 gig of ddr333 ram.. I mean this thing is just not acceptable for new age games, but I love playing wow and cs on it. When the parts get here I am going to try the demo to see how it works.. I understand that the GPU is not the biggest most bad ass in the 8 series, and was that a bad choice on my part? Should I have saved for the 8800gt? The card on newegg was 99 dollars and it seemed like too good of a deal just because of the price tag. So how does mediumish settings sounds with this setup?

I was planning on playing at 1024 res with low settings.. And newegg didnt have any 8800gt's in stock when I went to look and saw the price of the 8600gt and went crazy over the 100 dollar price tag.. -_- how about 8x6 res with everything low? It would kinda suck to play Crysis like that but it seems as if the card is going to struggle with anything higher than that.. Also, if Crysis wont be able to run well, what about Counter-Strike Source? This card should own source I would think and I haven't really played Source on a faster computer than mine and I always have wanted to see how it runs. How is the proc though? It seems like it is ok and I dont plan on OC'ing and 2 gigs with XP seems ok for Crysis. But how do you think 8x6 would run or if I pushed 1024 with low / medium? Or will it just not happen with that card I chose? Thanks

even at 1024x768 at low settings a 8600GT will struggle, but Nate says he can play with medium settings on his 8600GTS in Vista. although i havent tried it in XP, in vista the FPS are pretty bad in the demo but i dont think it was fully optimized upon release.

an 8600GT should be able to play CSS maxed with no problem, i know a guy who played it on a 6600GT maxed, i think it was maxed anyways. although a 8600GT should be able to max it no questions asked. on my card i get 150+ FPS with it maxed at 1024x768

esa193 said:

720p is a tv resolution and isnt used for monitors.

even at 1024x768 at low settings a 8600GT will struggle, but Nate says he can play with medium settings on his 8600GTS in Vista. although i havent tried it in XP, in vista the FPS are pretty bad in the demo but i dont think it was fully optimized upon release.

an 8600GT should be able to play CSS maxed with no problem, i know a guy who played it on a 6600GT maxed, i think it was maxed anyways. although a 8600GT should be able to max it no questions asked. on my card i get 150+ FPS with it maxed at 1024x768

720p is a tv resolution and isnt used for monitors.

My 8600GT provides above 60 frame rates on Crysis, on medium and 1024

i just say 720p for short cuz i dont remember the rez num
what does it take to play crysis maxed out at 60 fps
(im getting the game for Christmas) and i just upgrade to a quad 4g ram
what do you think ill be able to get at 1680 x 1050)

your running XP then right, becuase i cant even get 60 on medium settings in vista.

LOL Just out of morbid curiosity I decided to run the Time demo's to see if I pull 60FPS. With everything overclocked to the spec's in my sig I managed 56FPS in the CPU Bench and I managed 54.5 FPS in the GPU with all medium settings @ 1024X768.

I'd say he is either guessing his FPS or giving a quote when he's strolling through the jungle with nothing going on. Otherwise I'll be rather disgusted that his 8600Gt is pulling better FPS. I'd boot into XP and give it a go but I don't really feel like it.

i just say 720p for short cuz i dont remember the rez num
what does it take to play crysis maxed out at 60 fps
(im getting the game for Christmas) and i just upgrade to a quad 4g ram
what do you think ill be able to get at 1680 x 1050)

Please quit saying 720p save resolutions to a notepad file if you can't remember that just sounds dumb when your talking computer monitor sizes.

Now what does it take to play crysis maxed with 60 FPS?

The answer is simple. Build a time machine travel to the year 2009 grab the future CPU and GPU of choice and then travel back to current time. Because nothing can do it currently.

Also why is everyone so obsessed with playing the game on max settings? They could of easily made the game and excluded very high settings and made high appear to be the best you can do. Everyone would have been happy. But theres a setting out nobody can take advantage of yet. Big freaking deal. Give it a little bit of time at least they built a game that can look even better as time goes on. Screw all these 60+FPS games. I'd rather get a game that looks great at medium/high detail then as graphic cards get better enjoy the game in even higher detail.

i would boot into XP and try it but i havent been arsed to activate it, i have vista and until i run into a program that wont run in vista im going going to bother to activate it.

matties right, nothing can play crysis maxed at that resolution, i dont care how much money you have, its just not happening.

Common Computer Resolutions said:
Standard Monitor
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1200

Widescreen Monitor
1280x768
1440x900
1680x1050

Back
Top Bottom