CPU-Z is showing incorrect values

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I downloaded and istalled cpu-z and it told me that my 3ghz Pentium 4 HT was actuallt running at only 2.4ghz. So then I tried everest and it told me the same. It says that my multiplyer is 12x but the bios says that it is 15x and is 3.00ghz. Windows Vista also says that it is running at 3.00 ghz. I have loaded all the default values in the bios and made sure that overclocking is disabled. Anybody know why this is happening? Thanks.

Speedstep features. I clocks down the compute speed to save power, making it it more power efficient.

My laptop showed a similar thing when I first ran CPU-Z. I was like, "Man, W.....T.......F?"

It was significantly lower than advertised. Imagine a 2GHz CPU running at 700MHz!!!! Scared me to death. It was then, when I saw it spike up from something and it jumped to full speed momentarily. That's when I knew it had to be the power saving feature.

My laptop showed a similar thing when I first ran CPU-Z. I was like, "Man, W.....T.......F?"

It was significantly lower than advertised. Imagine a 2GHz CPU running at 700MHz!!!! Scared me to death. It was then, when I saw it spike up from something and it jumped to full speed momentarily. That's when I knew it had to be the power saving feature.

Heh, my 2000+ goes down to 400mhz.

does vista automatically use AMD's Cool n' Quiet too? when i used vista lite it showed my 2.7ghz at something in the 1.x range and XP didnt, i just though vista was reading them wrong.

My CPU-Z shows inaccurate values too... and so does every other app, but its for a different reason..

If I have my multiplier set to 8x instead of the default 9x, programs can't read it.

For example, if I have my CPU set to 3.6GHZ with a 8x multiplier, CPU-Z and ones like it read a lot higher for some reason, and makes my computer seem like its running above 4GHZ when infact it is not, and I don't know the reasoning behind that either.

Back
Top Bottom