Motherboard brand

Intel is easily the most stable and solid boards I've worked with. If you have no plans on gamming OC'ing, I'd reccomend one. Otherwise, EVGA is my BOC.

Asus is best all time, evga hasnt been making them very long, they dont have very many boards out, and there quad core support is iffy.

I have had experience building over 10 systems with MSI boards. They have never let me down.

celegorm: Yeah, intels are as rock solid as they come.

I have used nothing but Asus and Abit boards in all my builds.
thumbup6ly.gif

i personally like ASUS and EVGA, just seem cool to me, but i normally will go will how things are priced according to what they have, im cheap that is what im saying, like the biggest bang for my buck

ASUS is one of the best boards. MSI is a very stable board as well. Gigabyte's good too. ABIT went downhill after the P965 chipset series, especially with the whole Fatal1ty thing.

I really like Abit. I've had 2 boards now from them, and they've all performed remarkably, and also tend to be very overclockable, like mine :)

I'm dissapointed with Asus. I tried them for my brothers build, on the Striker Extreme, which is meant to be a really good board, but can I get it to overclock at all? Can I heck...
I won't be going with Asus again, thats for sure.

You just seem to get more bang for your money with Abit.

i liked my intel 945 board but it broke after a year,

i liked what i heard about asus so i bought one (Asus P5L Socket 775 I945p onboard audio Fsb1066 SATA ATX) but my pci-e 6600gt wouldn't fit the board due to retardedly positioned capacitors (i think thats what they're called, the battery type thing sticking up off a mobo), so i had to send it back

i didn't want to go intel again (because my last one broke/and i wanted to get an asus p5b) but i found a 965 intel board for the right price and it seems to be fine.

my msi p4n sli is nice but the whole system can be shaky at times

i won't vote due to my inexperience with most brands but there's my 2 cents: don't buy the Asus P5L !!

ECS and PC CHips are mainly for low-end desktop. They work great, but it's more usual for them to break. I'd recommend you a cheap board for your 945, if you still have the stuff. you could use it as another PC for guest usage or fileserver or more.

Interesting read. I love these threads because they can give me or users in general, insight to what is most preferred in terms of quality and build. I've been using strictly MSI motherboards for the longest time, and this desktop I'm using now is my first Gigabyte motherboard. Not bad at all and it's a work horse.

I'm getting ready for a build next year so I'm going to branch out of my usual brands.

I restricted the "multiple votes" because I want to narrow the search to specific motherboards instead of having one member vote for 5 of them at the same time. That way, I'm forcing you guys to really choose THE BEST motherboard, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom