what do you want to see on this site?

Well thats just what I want done.... things can be changed or whatever.

And no its really not terribly hard.

Go to VB.com and use their admincp demo, you can figure it out there.

While you're over there, get some new themes for david to use. One that is similar to this so he gets the same "feeling" from it, and the look is the same so he will consider changing it, then a few dark themes, and more colored themes. Post your findings..

I really like this forum to have a main page too before you get to the actual forums page. Kind of like an intro page where it shows some of the most recent posts, some polls, PC headlines, news, some picts, etc. Then somewhere, have a link to enter the actual forum here. Looks really professional that way.

Haha, similar to vbulletin's main page, lol. The irony...

http://www.vbulletin.com/

It looks like a lot to do all at once so I'm pretty sure it wont get done. I say for the CF anniversary thing, forget about it and just make the changes suggested in this thread.

I agree with arrizx's idea. Video card section, and processor section would be nice. The marketplace here is fairly dead, but it would be nice to keep.

I really like this forum to have a main page too before you get to the actual forums page. Kind of like an intro page where it shows some of the most recent posts, some polls, PC headlines, news, some picts, etc. Then somewhere, have a link to enter the actual forum here. Looks really professional that way.

Haha, similar to vbulletin's main page, lol. The irony...

http://www.vbulletin.com/

well the thing is that is tough, most places is admin updated but david isnt around enough for that nor does he have the time.

although what could happen is that you could have something like this

edit-
I fail to see the point in putting on a big front page with lots of information, news feeds etc.. In my opinion, few would use it and it would be a total waste of time, as well as extra maintenance.

This is Computer Forums and a forum is what we have. This is not "ComputerForumsaswellaseveryrandomvBulletinpluginunderthesunbecause webulliedDavidintoitandthoughtitmightlookgood.org".

Be perfectly honest; if a wiki or some dynamic front page were to appear with tech headlines, perhaps a shoutbox, etc. would you yourself use it? Or would you ignore it, click past it and start posting on the main forum?.

Ask yourselves that. Custom signatures also look amateur as well; one badly done Photoshop image can lower the whole tone of the site, and the site will end up looking like a bad MySpace ripoff.

David obviously has his reasons for not allowing these things; try thinking about why, imagine what things would be like if he did allow stuff like that. Plus, the custom avatars are fine in terms of size in any case.

you're right.

although i really do love that statistics thing. i think it works well....

but like i said, add rep.

Now the problem is,Hoping that david will enforce any of these changes...

seriously, all he has to do is take one weekend day and do everything we ask and it will be good and done.

or have somebody like joxley, or another trustworthy person (i'd be willing, but I don't know how david would feel about this) be admin for a day or two, and they can do all they changes as we want, and then David takes away the admin, so there truly is only 1 admin, but someone else can implement the ideas we want.

or have somebody like joxley, or another trustworthy person (i'd be willing, but I don't know how david would feel about this) be admin for a day or two, and they can do all they changes as we want, and then David takes away the admin, so there truly is only 1 admin, but someone else can implement the ideas we want.

well more likely it would be someone with the time on their hands, who knows what changes to make, and has experience doing things like this and a mod (just because its proven reliabiliy)

idk i would do it, but im not sure how david would feel about anyone being a second admin for the day.

hmm we can always ask though.

Back
Top Bottom