what the hell? bios problem.

firespikez

Baseband Member
I finally finished to build my computer. but what the heck is with that bios? I need floppy disk and stuff, without any reason?? and I need to format something with it, and go on windows to do stuff but how can I go on windows if I'm trying to install it? they say (in the manual) I must go to the asus website and put a file on my computer... but I only have 1 drive and 1 floppy disc? seriously, WTF I need help and I don't wanna format my floppy drive and stuff I want to install windows god damn! what the heck must I do?

Re: what the hell?

you will have to explain a bit more clearly than that. I don't really understand your question. And post it in the computer help section you will get more responses.

Not sure I fully understand the problem, but if you are trying to install Windows, set the boot order in your BIOS to boot the CD first, then Hard Drive then Floppy. That way it should run setup off the CD without trying to load the O/S from the Hard Drive.

http://www.underfiftybucks.com/

whats so hard to understand??? its the first time I try to install windows on a computer with nothing in it! I see a black screen and .... you never had a computer with nothing on it, right? because you would understand exactly what I said.

probably won't get a lot of help with that attitude mate. Anyway have you put the windows disc in a booted from Cd drive? Can you get to bios or boot menu and boot from cd?

look: I can't do anything on my computer... I mean, exept for formatting a floppy disk with a useless diskette on it, that ''installation cd'' that came with the motherboard is just useless. I'm kinda mad at the computer because I'm just tired of trying without installing something... I don't even understand what you mean by put the windows disc in a booted from cd-drive...
I'm newbie to that... I only know some parts...
pentium d 925 3.0 ghz
p5l-mx mo-bo
1024 mb ram
160 g hdd

nah, when I open the computer with windows cd in it, it says its not a bootable disk.
Is this a genuine Windows disk or a burnt pirated Windows disk??
when I put the cd from my motherboard, it only says some kinda crap I dont understand and then it says: 1: create 1spkwjebdhw drive 64 bit
2:format floppy
3: freeDOS command
well i think...
The m/board disk won't do jack until you've installed Windows

EDIT: Can you list your system specs, including m/board model, I gather from the gibberish it is an Asus board?

I don't even understand what you mean by put the windows disc in a booted from cd-drive...

EDIT2: I think I see the problem, you don't understand what we're talking about.

To get Windows to install you need to make your optical drive your first boot device in the bios.

Now we'll start at the beginning just in case you don't know how to do things.

1/. Can you get into the bios??? (remove the disk from the optical drive, remove any disks from the floppy drive, boot the pc, do you see any text on the monitor??? If you press delete repeatedly during boot do you enter the bios???)

yeah it is, but it is supposed to work, I installed windows in this computer... well, my father did, but he can't remember how.

Have you taken the Windows disk out of the optical drive and booted?

What Asus model is your board?

EDIT: OK, this appears as if it is going to be a long process, I'll check back later to see if you've replied.

Back
Top Bottom