vista system rating

convergecult

In Runtime
im not sure how much this matters. but after upgrading to 3 gigs of ram in my laptop my system rating went down from 4.7-4.6. could this be because of a bottle neck or what? it shows all 3 gigs

Most likely, that's the cause. Dual channel only works in even pairs. Unfortunately, they don't make 1.5GB RAM sticks so you're out of luck with getting 3GB to work in dual channel :p.

Oh no, it's fine. More RAM is better regardless if you're in dual channel or not. I would do it if it means loading files faster. Dual channel is just a perk to have.

I think pretty much all laptops including mine only have two RAM slots. That's the limitations of what we're dealing with but it's still a lot of RAM though.

O sry i'm not to much of a labtop person. So you have one 2gig stick in there and put another 1gig stick in? Or did you have two 1gig sticks then bought a 2gig stick?

Sell the 1gig stick and buy another 2gig stick. The reason the performance may have dropped is the timings may be off if the 2gig stick is different. Go in and make sure you have the correct timings and voltage if your bios lets you.

it's a dell you can't change shit. yes it is a 2 gig and a 1 gig i had 1x1 id put another 2 in to make 4 but im running 34bit it won't show up. i was told programs/games still needing the ram will use all 4 but the operating system won't use it.

Back
Top Bottom