Damn Got DR.Watson'ed

ssc456

Fully Optimized
jus thought id let you know my girlfriend got my laptop a drwatson32.exe virus,

laptop running really slow so i checked processes and there it was drwatson32.exe so i tried ending process and it made the whole laptop freeze up,

tried botting into safemode to delete it and now my laptop is in a continous blue screen loop straight after the F8 menu,

tried last known good config,
normal,
safe mode with network
safe mode
sage mode cmd

none will work so looks like a reformat for me :(

yea, that has to suck, never had that virus be i think we talked about it in my A+ class last, year, well me and the teacher

Never let girlfriends on your computers, especially ones that that know nothing about protection software etc before running a file....

I've never met a girl personally that knows about computers in the same way I do. Lets put it that way. They know how to use one, and thats about it.

well i was using my old symantec anti virus, coorporate edition,

which i always thought was very secure because up until now it has never let me down, but i guess it will b nod32 when i reinstall windows,

its not my primary laptop its only Pentium M 512Mb RAM so thats why i let her on it coz it keeps her off mine :)

n e ways i need to fix it quick coz compaq are taking my laptop away from me tomorrow ?

needs new hinge on screen and replacement keyboard so i will be using that 1 and she will b downgraded to a P3 256 MB RAM lmao.

Edit : fisher : dunno how she / i got it i mean she knows not to install n e thing without consulting me first and she knows the basic file formats like if some1 was to show her a pic in .exe format or something stupid like that she would no not to trust it,

so its a mystery but my friend had that virus bout 2 months ago with mcafee anti virus and he claimed not to have installed n e hting around that time and he is also a mid computer knoledgable person , if that makes sense

its not the type of virus that will install itself and lay dormant until triggered by something?

Back
Top Bottom