Does the penguin protect me ?

h4x0rInSilence

Baseband Member
Ive always been a windows guy but ive had some run-ins with viruses :mad: and im wonderin if Mac's and linux's reps are as high and mighty as they seem. Are all the props 4 nothing ?:confused:

yea, more people use windows so it better for the bad guys to make the virus towords the windows users, so yea linux and mac(its hard for me to say mac, im not a big fan), but yea they are safer

they are a lot safer. You don't have to even worry about getting a virus since there are so few of them.

I would suggest linux over mac. Not much you can do with a mac that you can't do with linux. Plus macs are wayyyy more expensive.

best distro's:
PclinuxOS 2007
Ubuntu 7.10
Slackware
DSL (damn small linux)
They are like 700 mb each exept dsl so you'l have to download them at school
dailupper:D

Windows gets targeted simply because of its wide target audience. If the whole world used Mac OS (*shudder*) it would get targeted in the same manner. In fact, a trojan aimed exclusively at the Mac was released lately.

Mac OSX is built on a modified version of the BSD kernel and, with it, comes some absolutely crippling security flaws and bugs. Believe me, you are not safe regardless of what you use. No operating system is impenentrable, it just takes those in the know a certain period of time in which to find the flaws.

Windows gets targeted simply because of its wide target audience. If the whole world used Mac OS (*shudder*) it would get targeted in the same manner. In fact, a trojan aimed exclusively at the Mac was released lately.

true.
But that doesn't remove the fact that linux and mac are both much safer than windows is. :D

Back
Top Bottom