May actually considering buying a Ford

Would drop in top end about 5MPH he said. But much quicker take offs.
I love my ranger, although I have only had it for like a month.
If I ever drive past a mustang thats not a GT, and just the v6, and someone says, "thats a nice mustang!" I can respond with, "Yeah, and its got the same engine as this truck." Cause mine has a 4.0 v6, I assume the mustang has the same, actually, I think the mustang engine is a 3.8.

What is your final drive ratio in the first place? Going from 3.94 to 4.56 makes a 20 MPH difference, not accounting for other variables like tire and wheel size.

Since it's a truck, it wouldn't be geared towards top-speed anyway. My guess is 4.10's or something.

Yeah, take off would be better than top in my opinion. But I think I would rather spend the money in headers and a flowmaster, than it gets some performance, and some cool sound, lol.

Thelis, my car can do that, but on gravel, lol. I live on a gravel road, so I have some fun... I fishtail every time I turn onto my road, and sometimes I drift some, but I dont want my nieghbors complaing to my parents that I drive bad or something, cause lately, rich and old people have been moving in, lol, and they will complain... But sometimes, I cant help it.

My Neon has a 3.55 final drive gear ratio, which is good for 160MPH. Dodge didn't do that so the Neon would go uber fast, they did it so that when you are cruising 70MPH down the freeway you are at about 2500 RPM's.

Don't buy a Ford! My roommate used to work at a huge Ford dealership and he said a ton of brand new Fords came off the truck, straight out of the factory with major problems with them; especially the brakes! If you want to buy a sick sports car that won't cost you more than 38g (assuming you get the top of the line model) get a Nissan 350Z. The Zs start at 28g.

Haha, another fact why Ford is "Found On Road Dead" or "Fix Or Repair Daily". I can't believe this still appiles in all these years of advancement, lol. I'm sure it's happened to other car makers too but it's just funny hearing it from Ford since they're most reputable for that.

They have improved their act. They aren't the most reliable things in the world, but they aren't that bad... and you can actually do the work yourself, unlike most new cars with a super cramped engine bay. (Buy a V-dub and drop the engine to put in a new air filter! lol)
I had bad stock brakes but they lasted until 30K, other than that I've spent maybe $600 on actual repairs in a 5 year old 75,000 mile car.

They are "above average" on the latest charts.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-10-16-toyota-cr_N.htm

Speaking of problems, my CD player exhibits the same problem as mentioned in that link. I don't know if its my CD disc that's causing it to get confused or what, but it played fine before many times. At times, it wouldn't want to eject or the track would stop halfway for the longest time. For the most part, it plays beautifully. Just every once in awhile, it would give me that "Error3" message. I've had it replaced under warranty once and I'll do it again when I get my next oil change.

Back
Top Bottom