Need help and opinions on this PC! :)

Thats a very nice PC :)

I wouldn't bother with the 2x 8600GT's though as 1 card that is better would probably perform better than 2 of those together in SLI.

If you can, try and get 1x an 8800GT, or even 2x an 8800GT as they are pretty cheap, yet outperform the 8800GTS which costs double... and are only slightly slower than an 8800GTX which is the best card out right now.

So if you can change that, you have yourself a really great PC for gaming and for cheaper too :)

thanks for your help m8 appreciated!
Yep I will take your advice with the graphics cards :)
Do you think 4 GB of ram is necessary? Especially considering Vista only supports up to 3.25 GB?

Well... it is a waste considering it won't see it, but do note that the 64bit edition of Vista does see 4GB's. So if theres a chance you could switch from 32bit to 64bit, take it.
I don't think you should suffer from driver issues from 64bit anymore, like you used to in the past.

If you don't want to go to 64bit, 2GB's should be more than enough until you want to upgrade to 64 bit, and so use all the 4gb you could also buy later.

How much of a price difference is Vista 64bit compared with 32bit if it allows you to do this?

It may come with 64 bit anyway, which means all the 4GB's would be used, but its worth checking.

If I purchase the 32-Bit version can I use my serial with that if I get hold of the 64-Bit version?

cheers

I don't think so no, as its a different version... and surely if you got the 64 bit edition, you'd also recieve a new serial...

Can't you choose the 64 bit edition on that site?

Its a bit weird they offer 4gb's of RAM then...

2GB's or even 3Gb's would be fine in that case, and it'd be cheaper for you too.

Back
Top Bottom