Best chipsets

what gets me is in add/remove programs, it just says "nvidia drivers" which i what gets me cos obviously i need nvidia drivers for mainboard and graphics card

Nvidia Drivers are the actual drivers for your video card. That's it. Once you uninstall that, your screen will look ugly :p. Well, it resorts back to default Windows resolution. It's not related in any way to the nForce chipsets (I can reassure you that---or I will pay you $100).

If you need motherboard drivers, you need nForce drivers from your motherboard's website or you can get it off of Nvidia's main website too--but usually the motherboard's website is easier because they bundle all you need for your PC.

I never given much thought to that since we never touch them. I'm assuming majority of them are stored in the System Folders and such, but if you go into the Device Manager, you'll see a chunk of nForce drivers installed.

when uninstalling graphics drivers, should you uninstall from add/remove progs or should you uninstall drivers from from under "display adapters" in device manager or should you do both?

thanks

Recommended way is to do it in the Control Panel/Uninstall Program and click on the Nvidia Drivers (to uninstall).

On a note, you may want to reduce the lines in your signature or the moderators will let you know about. The admin likes to keep the sigs to 5 lines.

Your welcome. I didn't know about those things either awhile back, but there are different ways to uninstall a graphics driver, but the best way according to Nvidia is to do that way in the Add/Remove programs (Nvidia Drivers). So I figured they have to know what they're doing :p. At least, I certainly hope so. But it's worked great so far doing it that way.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to post them in this section. There are a lot of other helpful members too, but some aren't online at this time.

Back
Top Bottom