High end workstations?

dakxxus

BSOD
Heres the specs on my new PC i just got:

2 Xeon Quad cores
4GB RAM
Nvidia quadro fx 4600 768mb
15,000 RPMs HD at 146 GB each x3

I use it for gaming ALOT, But i sometimes have to CAD on it. Rarely. But if i have the 2x quad cores i should be good for gaming for awhile right? BTW stfu about 8800 gtx ultra i porpusly didnt get them, i needed this for CAD.

i know a redneck who has it. he plays 2 moons on it....he's awesome at 2moons, the pc rocks! he is a spoiled brat! it was like $7,000

Heres the specs on my new PC i just got:

2 Xeon Quad cores
4GB RAM
Nvidia quadro fx 4600 768mb
15,000 RPMs HD at 146 GB each x3

I use it for gaming ALOT, But i sometimes have to CAD on it. Rarely. But if i have the 2x quad cores i should be good for gaming for awhile right? BTW stfu about 8800 gtx ultra i porpusly didnt get them, i needed this for CAD.

You will be letdown graphics wise in games, other than that it will not compete with a true gaming rig, but it will be real close.

If you have the money to buy this, you shouldn't be asking these questions...

You'll be okay in terms of processing power, sure, but games aren't fully taking use of all cores yet (Crysis may change this).
But in terms of graphics performance, you will be behind.

I also use graphics packages, and to tell the truth, having a dedicated gaming card compared to a Quadro doesn't really harbour enough difference for me to even try, based on cost, etc.

If you want to game, you could also buy a gaming card, and put it into one of the slots, if you have SLI, but... its just how you'd switch between.

Back
Top Bottom