crazy ass random facts thread

Re: Facts Thread:

Redheads require more anesthesia to 'go under' than other hair colors do.
In 2003, the U.S. Government spent about $2,000,000.00 on potato research!
Frozen lobsters can come back to life when thawed! <<<<<<<<<TRUE
Coca-Cola's 'Super Pure' Dasani bottled water is just filtered tap water!
McDonald's salads contain up to 60% more fat than their burgers!
Mexico has more American residents than any other country except the United States.
Drivers kill more deer than hunters.

You think we pay for a lot for gas? What about aircraft carriers? An aircraft carrier gets about 6 inches per gallon of fuel!!!

As much as 80% of microwaves from mobile phones are absorbed by your head. (we're all going to die of cancer now)

Nuclear ships are basically steamships and driven by steam turbines. The reactor just develops heat to boil the water. (Interesting)

Nuclear ships are basically steamships and driven by steam turbines. The reactor just develops heat to boil the water. (Interesting)
but they split atoms inside of uranium that is dipped in water ;)

You think we pay for a lot for gas? What about aircraft carriers? An aircraft carrier gets about 6 inches per gallon of fuel!!!
almost all of them are now nuclear powered, 20 years w\o refueling.
although with full afterburners an F\A-18 will burn a gallon a second.
As much as 80% of microwaves from mobile phones are absorbed by your head. (we're all going to die of cancer now)
glad i dont use my cell phone that much :p

another interesting fact, the walls that raise on a carrier to protect the crew from the jet blast when a plane is taking off is made of concrete, if it was made out of steel it would melt :p

Nutmeg might be nice on a custard tart,but if injected into the bloodstream,It will kill you.

About the cell phone's,they give of quite a bit of voltage aswell,my dad has a voltage pen (A pen that senese voltage,like a multimeter,hes an electrician) and he had it in the same pocket as his phone,one day we weer in the garage then all of the sudden BEEEEEEEP,and 5 seconds later his phone rings.

Fact: Everyone has handled or passed counterfeit money with/without knowing that they have done this. <-- Yep.. I've gotten counterfeit one time.

More facts!:
Males sweat 40% more than females.
Deep Breathing gives you health benefits similar to aerobics.
Ted Turner owns about 2% of New Mexico.
Rats can't vomit, that's why rat poison works.

I agree, this forum is going down hill, and I don't think without a major change in how things work, its going to fix either

I hope we can get it sorted out, Kage. I agree that this forum is going downhill, and it seems like very few people care.

There are a few members on here that are worthwhile, but then for every one of them, there are about 5 who don't know a d**n thing.

No offense to anyone that comes here to ask a question, you guys deserve all the help we can give you. I would appreciate it if more of you remained active, though.

Back
Top Bottom