Just got 3D studio max!

i prefer SolidWorks for CAD stuff, its what we use in college, plus it lets you do animations :D

can you pm me a link to the "purchase" site ;)
Oh, I can tell you here, autodesk.com, haha, but they dont have the product on "sale"
I have it too, or did, I didnt install after my format. I was going to use it for making halo 2 maps, but never felt like it. It didnt run great either, had the same problems as Rudster.

pffft, wont even work on my computer :rolleyes: i open it up and it says its missing a plug-in. then when i try to do pretty much anything all the views get cluttered up with ghost buttons and i cant use it :mad: ive had to install it twice, and im going to have to do it a third time.

you spend 2 years making a program buy you cant make an installer that isnt shit.

Oh, if you are running vista, you have to turn Aero off, that is why I am running classical with it.

Hmm... openly suggesting your all downloading and using a program is bad, unless your all using the built in 30 day trial... this is a public forum, don't you guys forget that!
It just really gets at me taht your talking so openly.

Yes, it is me thats okay at it, but I'm in no way great at it.

Kage, that program costs 3 and a half thousand. If anyone here actually buys it (As opposed to trial/appz)... I am not saying that I Am promoting torrenting, just that it is ridiculous to pay that much.

how do you edit vertex's like i want to cut a sphere up to make a different shape, any idea on how to do that?

Right click it and select Convert To. Select Polygon, and then on the right you'll see that it says 'Editable Poly'. Open that up by pressing the + button, and select the selections from the list:
One selecting verts only, one selecting edges, etc.

Back
Top Bottom