Best chipsets

Lol, I got this poll confused with processors. It's late and I'm sleepy. I meant Intel and Nvidia chipsets, but there's no way to modifying the poll. Screwed up.

I'm not going to consider Via and the other one since they're not even close to Intel and Nvidia standards.

they have been around longer, and they perform just as good, i see no reason why to not include them. also AMD makes chipsets too now.

Well, which one are you voting for? Or are you not going to vote? I chose not to include the other chipsets because "I'm not" considering them. It's pretty simple and not hard to understand.

i have only used my brothers nvidia nforce4 sli chipset, i found it to be alot less stable than my 945/965 chipsets, but it might just be an unstable pc.

is there a good way to differentiate between graphics card drivers and mobo drivers when they are both nvidia? i get confused sometimes when uninstalling the graphics driver

i vote intel

nForce series (nForce4, nForce 500, nForce 600 series) are typically the chipset drivers (Northbridge--as they are technically referred to) for Intel and AMD motherboards. The GeForce series (GeForce 6xxx, GeForce 7xxx, GeForce 8xxx) are referred to the level of GPU chipsets for Nvidia based graphics card.

I don't know if that's what you mean, but they both have "force" in them which can get confusing sometime for beginners. After awhile, it comes to you fairly easily.

SLI and things like that are video card technology patented by nVidia for dual GPU setups. Crossfire is ATI's video technology for the same thing (partnered with AMD now).

Back
Top Bottom