Screenshot of in-game performance

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Horrible!!!!! The game gave me a headache after awhile because of the low FPS:

43479222mv7.jpg

Yup, hence the headache. The human eye can see flawless at 30fps so you can just imagine 8fps, lol. The graphics look sharp and all so no problem with that. You can see some of the fog and hues working in the background too.

I'm on red team and the only reason why we're not smoking the other team is because I died so many times due to bad frame rates. I couldn't tell where I was or who was shooting at me. The lag killed me. Otherwise, I'm pretty good at escaping enemies. I have 28 frags already as you can make out in the upper right corner playing on default skills level. I would have more of that too but I need a new gaming PC to play this bad boy.

Well really, the human eye can tell a huge difference between 30 and 60 fps, at least I can. There are reasons NTSC TV's and movies are around 30 fps, but LCD screens are different and really need to be at around 60 for it to begin to look the same. I absolutely HATE my games running around 30 fps, it looks so cheap.

For my problem, I don't think it's necessarily the graphics card. It's a fine graphics card, but look at the other parts of my system. CPU is spiked to the max (single core CPU on a game that supports dual core----YIKES!!!), RAM is barely adequate.

Temp wise, everything is perfect. So I know there aren't any heating problems. Let's face it....this PC is RIP when it comes to gaming.

So what I propose is a new build next year after tax return. I get a thousand plus dollars so I may end up using it all for a new PC build. I like to get my hands on Penryn though if it comes out at the time, but it will probably be expensive. If it cost significantly more than quad core, then I'll stick with the Q6600. We'll see about final pricing as they come out. Hopefully, we'll see some new video cards too early next year from Nvidia (I think they're ready for another new launch).

Yeah, I saw all your stuff in your sig and I thought your CPU and RAM could use an upgrade. The 7800 is a pretty capable card. Are you at least overclocked?

My bro recently bought a S939 3800+ X2 and was able to overclock it to 2.7 really stable. It's nice. I think he's running 2G in corsair DDR-400 ram or something.

Same here, under 60 and I get irritated.

wow, you must have bad eyes then. 14FPS technically fools the eye, so 25 is enough for me. you cant tell the difference between 30 and 60, turn V-Sync on, that might be why your getting a headache, since the refresh rate on your monitor and your GFX refresh rate are not synced.

only 8FPS :eek: damn, i get more than that on crysis maxed. at 1024x768 on UT3 i get 35-60 FPS, havent seen it drop below 30 yet either.

On Crysis, I get 1-5fps at the most. It's horrible. I can't even play it except to look at the intro to the game.

No, the CPU is on stock 2.2GHz. I can OC it just a little over 400MHz before it experiences some problems. I haven't looked into OCing the video card. Since I upgraded to Vista, I never tried using Coolbits to OC it. I don't even know if Coolbits will run in Vista.

I should try OCing a little of everything, but being limited on RAM still sucks. I may be able to squeeze a 10-15% increase in performance, lol after the overclock :p.

Darn, I can't use Coolbits. It doesn't seem to work because everything's integrated with Nvidia's control panel.

wow, you must have bad eyes then. 14FPS technically fools the eye, so 25 is enough for me. you cant tell the difference between 30 and 60, turn V-Sync on, that might be why your getting a headache, since the refresh rate on your monitor and your GFX refresh rate are not synced.

There is a lot of literature on this, look it up some and you may be surprised. Here is a really good one I found.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

Back
Top Bottom