Windows Vista.. Quite Annoying

SucramDoow

Beta member
For some reason microsoft thinks my vista is not a genuine version. It is.. this is the part which is annoying. And I keep getting an error which says:

you may be a victim of software counterfeiting: to use all microsoft windows features, such as the windows aero colour scheme and its associated visual elements; get the latest updates; and recieve product support, your copy of microsoft windows must be validated as genuine

and i go to resolve it, by validating my copy, and i get this:

This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation. Either an unauthorized change was made to your Windows license or a software program installed on this computer is not currently compatible with Windows Vista

Obviously now I dont know what to do? I mean i cant even access control panel, nothing comes up. I cant even play games anymore. I tried the solutions they gave me, but they dont work.

Also when I start my computer up it always does a consitency check on my computer... would the whole vista thing contribute to this?

thanks

thats just vista for you.
Wow, thats a big help to them :rolleyes:

Call up the toll free microsoft line and tell them your problem they will give you a key and you should be able to activate it no problem.

Been there done that !

The same thing happened to me except it was windows Xp sp2 ... Only one way to explain what happened .... Bill gates is an idiot:D

Re: Been there done that !

The same thing happened to me except it was windows Xp sp2 ... Only one way to explain what happened .... Bill gates is an idiot:D

I doubt Bill Gates has much of anything to do with your copy of Windows not registering as genuine.

Back
Top Bottom