Which Laptop?

1gb of ram would be good enough, and if she needs more she can simply update it. For the basic things she would only use 1GB of ram. But if you are planning to put games on it as well then 2GB of ram would be usefull.

the only thing that was slightly putting me of the third one was the screen size do you think this matters?

The smaller the screen, the smaller the laptop. I like mine small for ultra portability. That's just me. When I think of laptops, I think of carrying it around and I don't want the weight. If I want a big screen, I use my desktop PC. My laptop screen size is the smallest they had for the Inspiron line at 14.1".

Oh, they do have 12.1" screens which I love to get but they're typical cost is much much higher. The smaller you go, the higher the cost. Strange.

And the smaller the laptop the more heated it can get. I would go with 1 or 3 though. Have you made your decision?

That's why it's better to go with a dedicated mobile CPU when it comes to heat. Turions and Core Duo Centrinos are good for low power consumption and help to reduce overall heat too. But I still prefer Intel though :p.

Back
Top Bottom