Cpu ?

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I can't make up my mind on the E6850 or the Q6600. Any suggestions?

if I get the Q6600, is OC'n hard? it's going to be on a evga 680i board. I've never OC'd the cpu before. I got a Zalaman 9700, so cooling won't be a problem, and have an air condition case.

If I don't OC will the E6850 be a better choice? Please help me decide

I would have to say the Q6600. It will probably oc slightly better because of the fbs. The e6850 has a 1333mhz fbs while the q6600 has 1066. If I were you I would wait a little since you have an e6700. Wait for the Penryn cores.

it's not for my computer, it's for my dad, I'm building him a bad ass computer for christmas. :( going to be better than mine lol

if I oc, all I do is change the FSB right? until it doesn't work, then change the vcore a very little until it's stable?

I'd get the Q6600, where I bought mine from, the E6850 was actually more expensive than the Q6600.

A lot of people and reviews have their Q6600 OC up to 3.6GHz quite easily. Get it. Although the eVGA motherboard you have in mind may have OC problems with the quad core. If you do, go to eVGA's main website to download their latest BIOS revision which corrects this problem. I posted this in another thread but forgot where it is.

Back
Top Bottom