Advise: 64-bit or 32-bit?

MikeReiner

Golden Master
I run windows XP 32-bit. Would using 64-bit help at all? like, do any of these newer games make use of it?

And what of Vista 64? if I were to get vista, should I get 64 or 32? is there compatibility issues with drivers and software? etc..

there are more issues with 64 bit vista than there is the 32 bit version. i also have no idea what advantages there are for 64 bit users.

microsoft is coming out with a new OS that will only be 64 bit, just wait till that comes out to jump on to the 64 bit bandwagon ;)

Yeah if your Mobo is compatible with 16GB and also 8GB is already possible, just that windows wont use it because its stupid like that :D

More than just RAM. It has full 640bit compability and actually will have better performance. The games will play, but only in 32-bit mode.

the ram issue really doesnt matter, games can read all of it just windows cant, if if you have 8gb of ram then you can still use it all(just not windows)

If thats the case then forget it. If games that run in 64-bit will run better, then it's worth while. If not, I don't care.

My motherboard is not capable of using more than 4 gigs of ram.

isnt there a problem where a 32-Bit version of XP, even if you have 4Gb, isnt able to actually distribute the 4Gb to programs?

There may be a performance upgrade, but compatibility wise I do not think it is worth it. There are driver issues and not all programs are made on the 64-bit platform.

Back
Top Bottom