This concerns me...

Ask yourself which is worse...The bit of bickering as you call it in that thread. Or the way the member in question in that thread and many other threads in the computer HELP section is giving out advice to newcomers that is plain wrong. Do you think it helps the credibility of this site when you have a member who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about giving out technical advice on computers for the sole purpose of increasing post count to reach a certain number?

The bickering is worse by far. There are much better ways of handling misinformation then what I have seen posted throughout this forum.

i agree, when somebody posts something that has no truth to it, then we have to say he is wrong.

1.) he said basic and premium, there is no versions like that of XP
2.) the req's are the same no matter what version.

The bickering is worse by far. There are much better ways of handling misinformation then what I have seen posted throughout this forum.

so if you were a newcomer and posted a question and someone who knew not what they were talking about gave you advice..and you followed it and did damage to your computer or caused you to lose files or documents ..You wouldn't mind?

Yes, I would mind. But, if I were a newcomer that came here and posted that question and read the resulting bickering and arguing, I would most definitely not return.

There's a huge difference between posting the correct information and letting the person know that they are mistaken, then just simply calling somebody an idiot. :rolleyes:

You got a point. But for some reason I think Lowndsey is talking about me giving wrong information. But, I do not care because I apologized. No matter what they say I did the right thing by saying sorry.

It's fine if you're wrong or correct. If you think it was correct to start with, but the real answer is incorrect, you didn't know. No harm, no foul. That's why it's better for people who know the answer, to post up and confirm it. If I posted something I needed help on, I love to see multiple replies that confirm the same thing. That just means the consensus is there and may eliminate the "not so accurate" solutions.

Yes, I would mind. But, if I were a newcomer that came here and posted that question and read the resulting bickering and arguing, I would most definitely not return.

There's a huge difference between posting the correct information and letting the person know that they are mistaken, then just simply calling somebody an idiot. :rolleyes:
Hear hear!

Back
Top Bottom