cpu core temps are too high

Go with the 9700. Its newer, and I'm running it on a Quad core, and achieving in the 30's overclocked idle on the cores, and around 50 at load on all 4 cores. Not bad at all!
Its also very easy to fit (something in which a certain one I can think of isn't *cough* Tuniq *cough*)

9700 for sure if you're going Zalman, have a look at Thermalrite Ultra 120 Extreme and the Tuniq Tower as well, they're both probably better coolers tbh, if you're going to get one, just make sure you have enough room in your case (they're big suckers)

From my results at least, the 9700 seems to be outperforming the Tuniq on the two computers I've built...
I haven't tried pushing the Tuniq one though, since the Asus board is a bit...well...rubbish at overclocking, so its a bit of a waste.

problem solved............
went to a store and got the 700

now when in games temps are 35 for the processor and like 15 for the two chips. now i'm gonna turn down my fans because right now they are still all on high and i wanna work on lower this noise

Trust me, when I say you can turn the fan to minimum which is almost inaudiable and still get almost as good results.

Thats a definite improvement!

Back
Top Bottom