RIP my snare head... 7/16/03 to 11/7/07

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
6933d7d3.jpg

7c492141.jpg

after 4 years of use it finally dies, and my dad said what you may ask "how are we going to pay for new heads?" and I'm like 'you guys will (as him and my mom)' and hes like 'we don't have type of money for $150 in heads (7pc set)' and I say 'well you always boungt reeds for my sister's sax, and strings for my other sister's cello, and this is the same thing. you will. I paid for the reed that I use for the sax, and I really don't see that as the least bit unfair (that was sarcasm)'

so yea, now I'm using the head of my 14" tom until it breaks (a week or two...)

edit- I forgot you guys aren't drummers... just as a reference I should change heads every 6 months or so. these heads are 8x older than they should be.

Man that sucks, I wanna learn to drum better, I know easy stuff but thats about it...

that has to suck, using it for so long, and then it breaks, i have never seen a broken one before so its interesting, i thought they didnt break

I broke three of my heads a week after I got them. No more buying cheap ass heads for me.

Which ones do you use?

Evans, but those are stock ones on it (my parents are cheap)

for toms I'm getting EC2 coated and g1 for the resonant
for snare I'm getting EC2 reverse dot snare and glass 500 for the resonant
and for kick, I'm getting an Emad 2 with an emad resonant.

Well, surprising it lasted 4 years no doubt. But it should have been replaced after about a month or so, depending on how much you play. It most definitely helps with better sound quality.

But, regardless, again...quite surprising it lasted that long. I personally prefer (for snare) the Remo Renaissance (Emperor) for my batter, and a Remo Abassador for my reso head. But that all just depends on what sound you're going for of course.

Back
Top Bottom