cpu temp too high?

In regards to CPU temps, I've updated the Stickie in the Processor section. It has info on all Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad. AMD Athlon X2 using Brisbane core (65nm) remain the same.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=44851

Cheers mate.

yea i dont use one
OK, I had a disturbing vision there for a while that it was between the cpu and heatsink :eek:

Well if you wish to continue the next step in your cooling journey would be to address your case cooling. We know you have front, side and rear fans from previous posts but just what the fans are (size, cfm capacity, brand etc) still remains a mystery.

Realistically the effect you're trying to achieve is the maximum air flow though the case to achieve maximum cooling with the minimum amount of noise. A picture of the inside of the case and a description of the fans would be helpful at this stage.

Cheers mate.

OK, I had a disturbing vision there for a while that it was between the cpu and heatsink :eek:

Well if you wish to continue the next step in your cooling journey would be to address your case cooling. We know you have front, side and rear fans from previous posts but just what the fans are (size, cfm capacity, brand etc) still remains a mystery.

Realistically the effect you're trying to achieve is the maximum air flow though the case to achieve maximum cooling with the minimum amount of noise. A picture of the inside of the case and a description of the fans would be helpful at this stage.

what did u mean by cfm capacity because all i know about a fan is its rpm, brand, and size cause im only a 14 yr old boy:p i know those two fans in the back are unbranded and i dont know the brand because it came from taiwan and i have no idea where it came from :confused: and sorry about the quality, i took it with my phone

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

............ cause im only a 14 yr old boy:p
I'm impressed, my 16yo is still hesitant at handling the cpu/heatsink assembly so you're doing fine.

Looking at those pics it would seem you have ample case cooling, the wiring is reasonably tidy and would not appear to be hindering airflow. From your previous posts I gather you have the front fans as intake, the rear as exhaust and what did the side panel end up as?

In all reality, unless the AS5 application can be improved on and produce a result the only other alternatives would be a different cooler or a little more risky, lapping.

If you've got the time and supplies and you are inclined to, try reseating the cpu again, experiment a little, maybe more AS5, probably less. The thing to look at when you separate the cpu and heatsink is the way the paste has covered both surfaces.

edit: cfm = cubic feet per minute, how much air a fan moves, when buying a fan you look for a good cfm/db ratio (db = decibels) so you get a fan that moves the most air the quietest.

I'm impressed, my 16yo is still hesitant at handling the cpu/heatsink assembly so you're doing fine.

Looking at those pics it would seem you have ample case cooling, the wiring is reasonably tidy and would not appear to be hindering airflow. From your previous posts I gather you have the front fans as intake, the rear as exhaust and what did the side panel end up as?

In all reality, unless the AS5 application can be improved on and produce a result the only other alternatives would be a different cooler or a little more risky, lapping.

If you've got the time and supplies and you are inclined to, try reseating the cpu again, experiment a little, maybe more AS5, probably less. The thing to look at when you separate the cpu and heatsink is the way the paste has covered both surfaces.

edit: cfm = cubic feet per minute, how much air a fan moves, when buying a fan you look for a good cfm/db ratio (db = decibels) so you get a fan that moves the most air the quietest.

o ok thanks

EDIT- so should i wait for the break in first ot see if anything happens?

o ok thanks

EDIT- so should i wait for the break in first ot see if anything happens?
If you want to but realise you're only going to get five degrees or so improvement in a best case scenario, it's up to you, myself personally (because I still think the idle temp is too high) I'd reseat it now.

If you want to but realise you're only going to get five degrees or so improvement in a best case scenario, it's up to you, myself personally (because I still think the idle temp is too high) I'd reseat it now.

what should the normal temp be?

best case scenario with top of the line air cooling I'd be looking for ~40°C or lower. If I was you I'd be happy with ~45°C given that your cooler may not be the best cooling solution on the market.

Have a trial with the TIM and reseating, if there's going to be a difference worth noting it will be apparent immediately in the temperatures. Settling in will not bring miraculous temp drops, it may provide 2-3°C on average so you'll know as soon as you boot up whether the new install temp is an improvement or not.

best case scenario with top of the line air cooling I'd be looking for ~40°C or lower. If I was you I'd be happy with ~45°C given that your cooler may not be the best cooling solution on the market.

Have a trial with the TIM and reseating, if there's going to be a difference worth noting it will be apparent immediately in the temperatures. Settling in will not bring miraculous temp drops, it may provide 2-3°C on average so you'll know as soon as you boot up whether the new install temp is an improvement or not.

i tried experimenting with it a lot of ways but its still at the same temps :confused:

It would then appear that you have reached (or nearly reached) your minimum temperature. You may get another couple of degrees with settling in as well but it looks as if you're as low as you can go with the hardware on hand.

A different cooler may perform better if you have the funds to try one.

It would then appear that you have reached (or nearly reached) your minimum temperature. You may get another couple of degrees with settling in as well but it looks as if you're as low as you can go with the hardware on hand.

A different cooler may perform better if you have the funds to try one.
what do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom