Windows Live Messenger opening 50+!?

Thrasher

Daemon Poster
Windows Live Messenger opening 50+ windows!?

I usually remember to open my Hotmail/Windows Live Mail in a Firefox tab but when I click on it through Messenger, open it up, delete an email as junk, it then opens up Internet Explorer again and opens my mail literally 50 times! I've had this about 4-5 times before, the first was a couple months ago I'm pretty sure. I use the firewall that came with XP, Ad-Aware and AVG Free editions but is this caused by suspicious intruders or just some glitch? It really annoys me, I go crazy clicking close as fast as I can on the tabs but it takes about 15mins to close the whole thing with task manager.

WTF.jpg

Alright I did that and browsing history because I basically never used the program for something like 20 months apart from Hotmail. If it does happen again within 3-4 weeks, would it be ok to post back on this thread or should I just make an identical one?

I didn't expect the next one to be so soon but it happened again! I didn't even get the chance sign in, it just went crazy. I'd uninstall Internet Explorer but I need it for certain websites with some basic HTML coding that requires it, I'm confused because it doesn't seem to be a sort of adware, it doesn't re-direct my window to something else, it just opens multiple ones.

*'_Just an option_'*. I would recommend this. Start, run, copy this;

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSaection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Then, reboot PC. This will completely remove Windows Messenger from your system. (XP that is ;)_ :cool:

Wait, to remove the current Windows Live Messenger or the old Windows Messenger that came with XP I think. Cause I use MSN Messenger daily but it's called Windows Messenger now and I don't wanna get rid of that.

Wait, to remove the current Windows Live Messenger or the old Windows Messenger that came with XP I think. Cause I use MSN Messenger daily but it's called Windows Messenger now and I don't wanna get rid of that.

Windows Messenger is the default junk that comes pre-installed with Windows XP. It is an ancient version of MSN Messenger.

MSN Messenger is the better version, and it is now called Windows Live Messenger.

I know, it is confusing.

Back
Top Bottom