holy crap

should have grabbed a camera and snapped some pics

i would have if the people would be ok, but in my case it would be my job to do what i can, hard part is deciding whether to save them or leave them, thats what i find to be the most gut wrenching part of being a first responder

EDIT: @ esa, i've been here...

i would have if the people would be ok, but in my case it would be my job to do what i can, hard part is deciding whether to save them or leave them, thats what i find to be the most gut wrenching part of being a first responder

oh well in that case taking pictures would have been quite morally wrong. So you did the right thing.

oh well in that case taking pictures would have been quite morally wrong. So you did the right thing.

agreed

seeing that type of thing is tough, glad your talking about it and getting it off your chest

i would have taken pics but no camera... its ganna be on my local news there was a news12 helicopter there the whole time
and i didnt see any one die i just saw a huge explosion and a lot of fire
not to sound like an ass and i feel bad about the people who died but that fire was pretty crazy experience like ive never seen fire like that

i would have taken pics but no camera... its ganna be on my local news there was a news12 helicopter there the whole time
and i didnt see any one die i just saw a huge explosion and a lot of fire
not to sound like an ass and i feel bad about the people who died but that fire was pretty crazy experience like ive never seen fire like that

ah, yea i know what you mean, my first fire i pretty much froze and stood there in aw, its pretty crazy... did you see the actual explosion?

Thats crazy that you saw it first hand.
When I see smoke, I saw, hmm, someones burning leaves, or bonfire, or something like that, lol.

i saw the tranceformer explode not the car

ah, quite a sight to see, ive just seen one struck by lightning, never seen one actually blow up, ive just heard of instances where power companies were working on them and they exploding putting extremely hot oil onto the workers, ultimately they sustained very serious 3rd degree burns

you DO NOT want to be around transformers when they explode, bad deal... they are filled with oil that is typically VERY hot and can easily cause 3rd degree burns

just yesterday i responded to an MVA (motor vehicle accident) a car had slide off the highway (not sure how, it wasnt raining or anything) and flipped, the person was wearing a seatbelt but the car was on fire so we had to get our brush truck with foam to put it out, the danger with car fires is the possibility of explosions later on and you cant use water on oil fires, anyway just wanted to share my experience :)

i think its best you didnt put yourself into the situation, if you would have been around when the transformer blew that would not have been a good ending for you, sadly it was a bad ending for the 3...

glad your alright though

haha hey didn't know there was another first responder on here;) dang your only 15? are you like a explorer or junior firefighter? but anywho that's pretty cool your getting started young;) it gives you some good experience

Back
Top Bottom