can't get sound

stiles1

Baseband Member
i just put together a new computer and i am not able to recieve any sound when i plug into the motherboard.

this is the case and motherboard that i have.

gigabyte ga-p35-ds3r

antec ninehundred

but anyway i can't get any sound out of it. the only thing i can think of is that there is an audio in and out wire that has two hookups on it and i can only find 1 hookup that maches so i can't use the second hookup.

but that still wouldn't explain y i'm not able to get sound from the back panel that is part of the motherboard

any suggestions please this is driving me nuts

i took the comp apart and found out that the two hookups were ac97 and audio hd which the motherboard can hand both of them so i am fresh out of ideas because putting headphones in any of the hookups and it doesn't show any audio devices being plugged in

I think my mobo has a similar problem. I cant use my ports I have in back. I have to use the ones I hooked up that came with the case which are located in front. If you have that option try it.

You guys have installed the correct drivers yes??

Go into device manager and see if there are any exclamation marks against your sound hardware.

Of course I presume you have read and followed all the instructions in the m/board manual.

Back
Top Bottom