HelP! I Fear my computer is dying!!

adam3112

Baseband Member
Basically every time i turn on my computer... it gets as far as the windows xp black loading screen and i will have to wait about 10 minutes for it to boot up. Another thing there is a constant repetitive bleeping noise every 5 seconds or so coming from inside the system unit as the windows xp screen is trying to load and then the noise stops when the computer finally gets past the xp screen. Can anyone help out?.. i fear there is something very wrong... and i need a solution, It's only started happening over the last few days!

Any help would be much appreciated!

I'd check your CPU heat5sink if it's not clogged. It usually means your CPU is overheating.

huh, thats a very weird error.
couunt exactly how many times it is beeping and then I might be able to help you.

well start by giving us the exact specs and model numbers of the motherboard, cpu, harddrive, ram, graphics card and any other extra add-on cards you might have

This sounds like some kind of hardware fault, do you know what model the motherboard is? If so, you can try Google, find the manual and get some information about the beep codes.

huh, thats a very weird error.
couunt exactly how many times it is beeping and then I might be able to help you.

I cannot give you an exact number of times it beeps as the time it takes for my computer to load varies between 5-10 minutes waiting on the black XP loading screen. But may i also mention a green/yellow light flashes while it is happening.

well start by giving us the exact specs and model numbers of the motherboard, cpu, harddrive, ram, graphics card and any other extra add-on cards you might have

Unfortunately my knowledge with the parts inside the unit on a scale of 1-10 is probably 1. If i knew where to look on the motherboard I'd give you the description and i don't really want to take everything apart but does telling you my PC is a Dell Dimension E521 help?

Yes, that does help a bit.. but it does seem like your CPU is overheating... hmm.

Basically if your pc knowledge is one out of ten then I would suggest you take it to a shop.

No sense in trying to describe to you the problem and how to fix it if you do not have the skills to do so.

Sounds like the cpu is overheating as the others have stated, the pc probably needs a good dust out.

Cheers

If its only just started happening, drivers may be to fault.

Try running System Restore, in Start, Accessories, System Tools, and roll back a few weeks before it started happening to see if that fixes it.

If you haven't got this turned on, you should have.

Back
Top Bottom