Crysis new Nvidia Beta 194.04

Kage

Golden Master
Has anyone tried the 194.04 BETA drivers out with Crysis yet?

I realised I had the new at the time, but older 194.01 when Crysis first arrived to download.

I'm downloading now, so will tell you how much of a boost, if any, it gives with my card :)

EDIT:

Okay... it came out on the 30th October... yet, when I downloaded the Crysis demo, and downloaded the new driver, it was a lower version than that

its not the GPU's, its the fact that the demo is multi threaded, i told you guys this in the other thread but i guess no one saw it. i looked at the cpu meter on my other monitor (the vista sidebar meter) and it was only reading roughly 50%, and i closed out and opened up everest put it on the side and started it back up. only one cpu was maxing out

Ah, thats where I probably got confused. I did a little research and found that even though it reads all cores, and does use them all, it doesn't USE them all effectively, and just spreads the load out as it would with just one, but with more...
Yeah...

Haha, we should see improvements then when the final game ships, if they do it right.

despite that i can pretty much max it in DX10 @ 1024x768 :D although i did a benchmark using fraps (havent run the real one that comes with it yet) my lowest FPS was 9, 14 fools the human eye but looks slightly laggy, 20 will completely fool it though

@ kage, grab the 169.02 WHQL that was released for the 8800GT and modify the .inf so your GTS can run it, best driver release to date imo, I went from 12,7xx to 13,2xx in 3DMark06 (cpu at 3.2, gpu at 680/950)

ORB Compare URL

13kit9.jpg

despite that i can pretty much max it in DX10 @ 1024x768 :D although i did a benchmark using fraps (havent run the real one that comes with it yet) my lowest FPS was 9, 14 fools the human eye but looks slightly laggy, 20 will completely fool it though

Do you mean that you can't notice anything above 20 FPS?

you technically cant notice anything from 14-16, but i say from 18-24 is when you wont be able to tell a difference from 60. the human eye has its own "refresh rate" and it isnt very fast, i dunno why games on consoles shoot for 60 no matter what, i say a 25 low FPS is fine.

With older games, a lower FPS may have been a problem, but with newer games, this isn't so much a problem. Do you know why?

Well, new games are using Motion Blur as standard, making it seem like frames are being filled in that aren't being drawn up to speed, so with Crysis, even at around 15fps, your eye is being fooled its running faster, since the blur fills in the gaps.

You can modify an inf to make it work with your card?...

Back
Top Bottom