cpu temp too high?

Yeah, those temps are too high. I got a Prescott 2.8GHz with a stock heatsink and AS5, it gets 50C idle (~55-60 on load) and even that is too hot. Getting a new copper heatsink for it soon.

You apply a tiny bit of thermal paste in the middle of it and then put on the heatsink, not spreading the thermal paste around. When you place the heatsink on and turn it a little in both directions it will spread it enough.

Yeah, those temps are too high. I got a Prescott 2.8GHz with a stock heatsink and AS5, it gets 50C idle (~55-60 on load) and even that is too hot. Getting a new copper heatsink for it soon.

You apply a tiny bit of thermal paste in the middle of it and then put on the heatsink, not spreading the thermal paste around. When you place the heatsink on and turn it a little in both directions it will spread it enough.

but dont i have to get the thermal on the whole top area?

but dont i have to get the thermal on the whole top area?

No, go to the link that A True Folder gave. It gives you exact details on how to do it. You don't spread it, it spreads when you put the heatsink on. A little paste goes a long way.

No, go to the link that A True Folder gave. It gives you exact details on how to do it. You don't spread it, it spreads when you put the heatsink on. A little paste goes a long way.
ok so apply it in the middle then put the heatsink and turn it clockwise/counterclockwise a few times and thats it?

Then you must secure the heatsink to the mobo. But otherwise, yeah, that's it. It will come up with a higher temp at first, it will have a "break-in" time before it goes down to the actual temps you will get.

is your heatsink clogged? cause i have a inspiron 2650 laptop that has a intel pentium 4m at 1.8ghz and it gets really hot.(took it to shop and found out the vents and heatsink was clogged with dust)

depends where your pc is stored and the dust buildup happens if u dont turn it on for long periods of time or that nasty mix of lots of moisture and dust. probably takes 1-2 years for it to collect

depends where your pc is stored and the dust buildup happens if u dont turn it on for long periods of time or that nasty mix of lots of moisture and dust. probably takes 1-2 years for it to collect

i turn it on everyday in the morning and what if my heatsink cant be turned or moved once its on the cpu?

well u can check if there is any dust(very visible) if there is, u can find a way to clean it and u can buy a new one

Back
Top Bottom