2 monitors 1 graphics card quick question

westmn

Baseband Member
I have an ATI Sapphire Radeon x800GTO graphics card and it has dvi and vga plugs on it and I need to know if it can use them both at once.
I wanted to buy another monitor (DVI because my current is VGA) and use them bolh at one time. hopefully as an extension of my desktop.
the box of the graphics card doesn't say anything about two monitors.

yes you can, you dont have to get another DVI monitor, you can just get a dvi to vga adapter for a couple bucks so you can use an existing monitor you already have...

so my second monitor will be an extention of my desktop where i can drag windows to just for more space or will it be another screen i will have to open programs in (such as games) to get them to display on that monitor.
i dont want my games to be split between monitors or to have to play them in a window...

well you should be able to do it both ways, but if i understand you right you want my setup, where you can expand one window into one full monitor and not have it take up both monitors? like right now i have dual 1280x1024 monitors, if we had a "span" it would be 2560x1024 which if you played a game it would be split between both monitors, but you can do both, you just have to select which you want in ATI catalyst control... once you get it lemme know and ill help ya set it up

so yes, you can have it be 2 monitors instead of one big span...

alright thanks for the help, i appreciate it.
if i need help on the setup ill pm you on aim or make a new thread.

...... you just have to select which you want in ATI catalyst control... once you get it lemme know and ill help ya set it up .....
Just be aware that ATi Catalyst drivers never supported the spanned desktop in older versions, not too sure about latest releases.

Back
Top Bottom