Power Supply Understanding?

Floppy and sata goes on the the motherboard infact all of them go onto the motherboard.
Are you building one?
I would be instrested to know what your build is.

Floppy and sata goes on the the motherboard infact all of them go onto the motherboard.
Are you building one?

to put it bluntly thats wrong.

the 20+4 pin and 12v(p4) connect to the motherboard

peripheral is a 4 pin connector that can connect to CD drives, DVD drives, fans and so on

sata connector is a connector for sata hard drives, althought IDE hard drives use the peripheral connector

floppy connector is a smaller 4 pin connector that fits floppy drives and some fans can use it too with an adapter.

the pci-e connector is to provide extra power to your graphics card, but only the newer power-hungry graphic cards need them

Are you building one?

This is what I'm trying to look into building.
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=62897

BrynF_UK and others, then what is the 1 x 12V(P4)? Does the "P4" means it's for Pentium 4?

What's the flaw in this power supply? Why is it cheaper than other power supply? Sorry for the noob questions, but I don't really know anything about power supply.

well originally that "p4" thing was to put more power to the motherboard as the processor those days required higher voltages, and now that new processors came out, they just kept the name for the power connector and all new processors need that extra power connector

the only reason i can see why it would be cheap is because its a small brand, the same from a company like Antec might cost a lot more. Although some might say to go with a bigger, well known brand and spend more isnt necessarily true since the small companies can be just as good (maybe even better), for example, this is a reply by the company who made the power supply you were looking at when someone said theirs was noisy...

Manufacturer Response: Dear Valued Customer,

We will inform our engineers so they can investigate this issue, in the mean time you can contact our support team so that they can replace your PSU for a silent one. The contact number is (888) 624-5099 or via email customersupport@coolermaster.com We are sorry for this inconvenience and we would like to help you resolve this ASAP.

COOLER MASTER eXtreme RP-500-PCAR ATX from factor 12V V2.01 500W Power Supply 90-132V/180-260V Nemko, TUV, cUL, CE, BSMI, FCC, CCC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171018

Explain to me the connectors if you know about them.

Connectors 1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V(P4)
6 x peripheral
3 x SATA
2 x Floppy
1 x PCI-E

What are each of those connectors?
The first one is the connector for your motherboard. The 6x peripherals are connecting to your hard drives, CD drives and anything that need them. The 3 SATA are for drives that has a better technology than the old 4 molex.
The 2 floppy connectors are for the floppy drives. The PCI-E connector is for a PCI-E vido card that might need one.

Back
Top Bottom