***Offiicial BLACK FRIDAY Thread***

Black Friday??, some sort of sale in the states?
I've never heard of it either Joe, & why "Black" Friday?:confused:, it makes it sound like a disaster on the stock markets, btw did you Amercans know that the mortgage problems you have in the States at the moment is having a very bad effect on share prices in England??

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and is the beginning of the traditional Christmas shopping season in the United States. Since Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday in November, Black Friday may be as early as the 23rd and as late as the 29th day of November. Retailers often decorate for the Christmas season weeks beforehand. Many retailers open very early (typically 5 A.M.) and offer doorbuster deals and loss leaders to draw people to their stores. Although Black Friday, as the first shopping day after Thanksgiving, has served as the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season at least since the start of the modern Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924, the term "Black Friday" has been traced back only to the 1970s. "Black Friday" was originally so named because of the heavy traffic on that day, although most contemporary uses of the term refer instead to it as the beginning of the period in which retailers are in the black (i.e., turning a profit).

Black Friday is frequently but erroneously referred to in the media as the busiest retail shopping day of the year. While it has been one of the busiest days in terms of customer traffic,[1][2] in terms of actual sales volume Black Friday is usually the fifth to tenth busiest day.[3] The busiest retail shopping day of the year in the United States (in terms of both sales and customer traffic) is usually the Saturday before Christmas.[4]

In some cities it's not uncommon to see shoppers lined up hours before stores with big sales open. Once inside the stores shoppers often rush and grab, as many stores have only a few of the big draw items. Electronics and popular toys are often the most sought after items and may be sharply discounted. Because of the shoulder-to-shoulder crowds, many choose to stay home and avoid the hectic shopping experience. The local media often will cover the event, mentioning how early the shoppers began lining up at various stores and providing video of the shoppers standing in line and later leaving with their purchased items. Traditionally Black Friday sales were intended for those shopping for Christmas gifts. For some particularly popular items, some shop these sales in order to get deep discounts on items they can then resell, typically on eBay.

Black Friday??

Some sort of sale in the states?

I've never heard of it either Joe, & why "Black" Friday?:confused:, it makes it sound like a disaster on the stock markets, btw did you Amercans know that the mortgage problems you have in the States at the moment is having a very bad effect on share prices in England??

must be an american thing coz i dnt know either,

any americans care to share what its all about. i gather its some kind of big sale but is there a reason for it ?

must be an american thing coz i dnt know either,

any americans care to share what its all about. i gather its some kind of big sale but is there a reason for it ?

read the post directly before yours, he explains it pretty thoroughly.

write "Sold" on a peice of paper and then go there and tape it on there, everybody and the staff will think that the TV is sold but the person couldnt fit it in there car and is coming back later ;)

thats a great idea, i should try that some time, and just go back every so often to check on it.

Back
Top Bottom