Help!

mermaidpolo

Solid State Member
So I just reinstalled windows because of a display problem I was having and it turned out that after the reinstallation everything was peachy. Then after a couple of days I couldn't connect to the internet. I've been using my Linksys Wcg200 modem/router and its was saying I had a "limited or no connection" Once this happened I had no acess to the internet via ethernet and wireless. I figured it was a problem with the router and not the internet so I switched modems. I am now using a Scientific Atlantic modem right now and I was able to connect to the internet with my MAC laptop by directly plugging into the modem. I am using it right now and so far I am not having problems with it at all.

However, when I plug the ethernet into my PC it still says that "limited or no connection" thing. It also says that I need to renew my IP address. I tried doing this and it couldnt repair this problems and windows says it was unable to contact your DHCP server.

Ive tried:
-Winsock
-ISPFIX
-ipconfig /release
-ipconfig /renew

What do I need to do? Please let me know if you need more information. I just want my PC to be able to connect to the internet!!!

Back
Top Bottom