Anyone tried the CryEngine Sandbox2 feature in Crysis?

I was looking some stuff up and found out you can create your own levels in the Crysis demo complete with weapons and AI of your choosing. I find this rather interesting and can't wait to try it out.

If your interested in installing it its right main folder for crysis. After you install it you'll find the actual game editor in either bin32 or bin64 depending on your OS, IE 32 or 64bit.

Here as sample of what the text file says about it. Can't wait till i'm off for th week to give this a go! If your interested check out this site for info on creating them. I guess there may be custom built levels for download as well. http://www.crymod.com/tutorials.php

The CryENGINE(R) 2 Sandbox(TM) 2 can be started by running the
Editor.exe application found in the Bin32 directory for usage on
a 32bit PC or in the Bin64 Bin64 directory for usage on a 64bit PC.
Warning: Running the Sandbox Editor under a 32bit OS can lead to
instabilities with production size levels due to the low amount of
virtual memory available. Though the Sandbox Editor can be used in
this configuration to learn the feature set its use on a 32bit OS
is not supported.

The following steps should be followed to create a new level.

* In the menu bar, click on File -> New

* Enter a Level Name which will be used as directory name and
click the Ok button

* In the menu bar, click on Terrain -> Edit Terrain(TM)

* Draw some terrain elevation to shape the landscape and
click on the Ok button

* In the menu bar, click on File -> Generate Surface Texture

* Select a texture dimension and click the Ok button

* Click on File -> Save to fully save the level

After these steps, it's recommended to re-launch Sandbox and open
the level again before doing further work.

i was wondering what that was about, cant remember where i saw it, must have been on the install but i forgot completely about it!
i was really good at making levels in the UnrealEd, maybe ill have some glory in here as well :p im going to go install it now

EDIT:
for some reason it keeps saying that access is denied :confused: im on Vista Ultimate and everytime i try to open a program this stupid things comes up saying crap about security :rolleyes: although i have an idea how to fix it

Sounds good, I'll check it out. I liked this feature in my friend's farcry game for the 360.

Mattie, are you still running on dial-up?

We should make this the official sandbox editor thread
Yes ive used it
But I don't know how to spawn weapons
I want to know how to use this thing better

Everytime I try and create a new level, it says, failed to create "name" and I cant do it, idk, I'll look into it.

Does the sandbox also have the engine? So people can create new things?
I saw on youtube a video of someone who had made an entire clock mechanism using the Crysis engine in real time and how real it looked.

Ya I think it would be cool for people to upload there created levels for download. If I get decent at it and make something worth sharing i'll upload it to a file sharing site.

As far as weapon spawns and such i'm not sure I havn't really done anything but glance at it. Tommorow my last day of work then i'm off for 7 days so I'll have plenty of time to play around with it!

I'm pretty sure you can create anything in there. I wonder if you could intergrate 3ds Max9 designs into it. I may have to look into that link I posted a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom