Random Chit Chat #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else seen the movie American Gangster?

I just got back from seeing it with my aunt and uncle...it was pretty good, the story was good, kinda violent...and full of heroin & cocaine. But good:)

Ay nate. I hear you man. I've got stress management problems here. Things are pretty cool here lately, but man, when things get tense, I just lose it sometimes.

I've calmed down considerably since graduation though. As good as education is, It has been so far the most stressful time of my life. I just don't know how I can feel like I should go to college.. I sincerely hated school. Not the kind of thing that you just don't like.. but seriously Hated.

Good to hear man.

This is kinda personal but I myself am 17 but I was diagnosed with depression when I was 14. I was the typical kid playing football, guitar video games etc at a public school but my first serious relationship started in 2005 and when it ended in 2006, I hit the wall because of the paticular circumstances. The guy that was my best friend from like 2002 to late 2005 went behind my back about it and she had feelings for him cause he was always online MSN talkin to her. I did somethin pretty drastic I regret so it was a shit year for me but I'm pretty happy now, focusing on my band, I just don't socialize with those 2 anymore.

I've been seeing to a counselor for a fair while now but just cause I'm using anti-depressants. I know it's hard to just forget somebody if you still have feelings for them but maybe let her know you've gotta sort out a few things for yourself because how you feel right now would complicate a friendly relationship - or something along those lines, it may need time.
Glad that you told us about your depression, a lot of people don't understand & they think you're putting it on, it's serious, a good friend of mine had it all his life, nobody understood, or cared, others were very abusive, he finally cracked at the age of 32 & jumped off the platform in the path of an express train.

wow brook, sorry to hear that.
btw: my best friend in kidergarten got killed in a car accident on my 6th birthday, and he had the same first name as me

Glad that you told us about your depression, a lot of people don't understand & they think you're putting it on, it's serious, a good friend of mine had it all his life, nobody understood, or cared, others were very abusive, he finally cracked at the age of 32 & jumped off the platform in the path of an express train.

i wish people would understand depression more. if a person would have taken the time to tell someone about it that wouldnt have happened.

my case of depression is a result of my 2 halves of my brain having poor links. im not sure which of the 2 kinds are in higher numbers, however i think its thrashshredder kind.
thrashshredder said:
This is kinda personal but I myself am 17 but I was diagnosed with depression when I was 14. I was the typical kid playing football, guitar video games etc at a public school but my first serious relationship started in 2005 and when it ended in 2006, I hit the wall because of the paticular circumstances. The guy that was my best friend from like 2002 to late 2005 went behind my back about it and she had feelings for him cause he was always online MSN talkin to her. I did somethin pretty drastic I regret so it was a shit year for me but I'm pretty happy now, focusing on my band, I just don't socialize with those 2 anymore.

I've been seeing to a counselor for a fair while now but just cause I'm using anti-depressants. I know it's hard to just forget somebody if you still have feelings for them but maybe let her know you've gotta sort out a few things for yourself because how you feel right now would complicate a friendly relationship - or something along those lines, it may need time.

im a 14 and was diganosed with depression when i was like 8, cant quite remember it fully, after 2-3 years of going in every month to talk to a psychiatrist they finally let me off my just talking to my normal doctor, now i just have to gone in every 6 months. i use to have to take my medication but ive got to the point where i probably dont need it anymore, but i still take it. just today i realizied that i didnt take it in the morning, didnt have any idea i hadnt taken it until i saw it on the counter when i got hope from school. although i still take as a precaution, and my parents wont let me talk to the doctor to at least get the dosage reduced. if i stop taking it i get withdrawals :( although i have to go 3-4 days for the withdrawals to kick in, but when they do they are very annoying. although for some reason when i take it i have very low blood pressure, just an hour after eating if i stand up too fast ill get light headed, one time i even passed out for a couple of min.

although when i was probably 10 i asked my mom how long i would have to take them, and she said that i might have to take them the rest of my life :(

Whoa that's freakin harsh, sorry to hear dude.

my best friend in kidergarten got killed in a car accident on my 6th birthday, and he had the same first name as me

oh crap that's horrible! were you a witness??

my case of depression is a result of my 2 halves of my brain having poor links. im not sure which of the 2 kinds are in higher numbers, however i think its thrashshredder kind.

Well mine is caused by internal factors like DNA, I'm not sure about yours but the other type is caused by external factors which is from losing your job, a family member, alot of money on the stockmarket etc.

i wish people would understand depression more. if a person would have taken the time to tell someone about it that wouldnt have happened.

im a 14 and was diganosed with depression when i was like 8, cant quite remember it fully, after 2-3 years of going in every month to talk to a psychiatrist they finally let me off my just talking to my normal doctor, now i just have to gone in every 6 months. i use to have to take my medication but ive got to the point where i probably dont need it anymore, but i still take it. just today i realizied that i didnt take it in the morning, didnt have any idea i hadnt taken it until i saw it on the counter when i got hope from school. although i still take as a precaution, and my parents wont let me talk to the doctor to at least get the dosage reduced. if i stop taking it i get withdrawals although i have to go 3-4 days for the withdrawals to kick in, but when they do they are very annoying. although for some reason when i take it i have very low blood pressure, just an hour after eating if i stand up too fast ill get light headed, one time i even passed out for a couple of min.

although when i was probably 10 i asked my mom how long i would have to take them, and she said that i might have to take them the rest of my life

yeah my mum said the same thing, the medication is only to target that chemical imbalance in your brain for support but you still need to sort things out for yourself. These days my depression is pretty random, the reason why I started home schooling this year is because 10 hours of sleep makes me a better person. Lately if I've been disturbed after about 5-7 hours my feelings take control of my thoughts, not the other way around. I got a bit of an anger problem but it's not too hard to avoid feeling depressed aslong as I don't have majorly late nights like I did the other day and went to bed at 9.30am haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom