Tried out a Dell today

BF2player

BSOD
Well, I went to my local computer shop. I forget the name, but I suppose that really isn't that important. Noah's computer store I think it was. Anyway, they had a really awesome case custom modded, but it was a Dell. So, I ask them if I could use it and see what it's like. They just look at me strange and say sure. Sure enough... I get on, I get the error where it says send error report or not send error report on pretty much every program. There was Firefox, IE, and the standard Microsoft games. I then walked quickly out the door so they don't try that BS that I caused the errors and am going to be charged (outrageous price) for them to fix it. Anyway, that's my story for today.

hell-59071.jpg

Only problem mine had was a Western Digital hard drive I added got the click of death. So not really any probs. But it was a mid-range and not one of the cheapo $200 deals they had back then. I think it was a 2001 Dimension 4880 or something and was pretty good, but after looking into parts I realized I could get a much better deal if I built.

i have dells, they dont die, however the problem i have with them is pricing, their bs they tell people and their customer support, THAT is why i started my own little shindig ;)

I haven't personally owned a Dell but my friend is on his second and it hasn't had that many problems other than a hard drive failure.

Nothing wrong with dells, if you cant build a computer, thats the best place to go. But customer support, that is hell.....

The PC's at my college are Dells! :( :p :eek:

I once looked inside a friends Dell pc and :eek: blimey everything was crampted into the tiny dell case, the cables had those cable tidy things on them so if you wanted to take a component out you'd have a hell of a job!

It was a dell 5300 Dimenson by the way.

Back
Top Bottom