This concerns me...

your name is on the list of forum leaders..
I'm risking a double post here, if you mean the list of moderators, believe me, time & time again I've asked David to remove it!, I want him to, it's a complete farce as far as I'm concerned!! :(

For christs sake, it's a forum. If it's giving you headaches, switch the fucking computer off and go smoke some dope or something, it's just a website. :rolleyes:

Same goes to you..

I disagree with the dope part as my "substance" use extends to caffeine and moderate alcohol use, but you are entirely correct.

We should be more professional and take more care with certain, somewhat tricky situations. There will always be drama in all walks of life and you must learn to deal with it. It is a fact of Life.

Back on topic. I mentioned on Page One of this thread a solution to the problem which appears to have been ignored. root elaborated on this citing orphaned table rows and such, but David need not write a custom script or SQL query, nor do moderators or David have to delete accounts manually. I have reopened my vBulletin demo account and here is what I found:

David: In the Admin control panel, go to Users -> Prune/Move Users.

From there, you can search for users under the following criteria:

Usergroup, Has not logged on for x days, Join Date is before, Posts is less than, Order by.

This will bring up a list of all the users matching those criteria and those can be deleted or modified instantly. vBulletin will take care of all of your indexing and orphaned row problems for you, as it is designed to do so.

Problem solved, in my opinion, with the minimum of fuss.

I disagree with the dope part as my "substance" use extends to caffeine and moderate alcohol use, but you are entirely correct.

We should be more professional and take more care with certain, somewhat tricky situations. There will always be drama in all walks of life and you must learn to deal with it. It is a fact of Life.

Back on topic. I mentioned on Page One of this thread a solution to the problem which appears to have been ignored. root elaborated on this citing orphaned table rows and such, but David need not write a custom script or SQL query, nor do moderators or David have to delete accounts manually. I have reopened my vBulletin demo account and here is what I found:

Usergroup, Has not logged on for x days, Join Date is before, Posts is less than, Order by.

This will bring up a list of all the users matching those criteria and those can be deleted or modified instantly. vBulletin will take care of all of your indexing and orphaned row problems for you, as it is designed to do so.

That makes a lot of sense.

Pretty easy solution... but if the history of suggestions made on this forum tells you anything, I doubt it'll ever happen.

That's pretty much what I said, before my post was deleted, speaking of which why was that post deleted?:confused:, it was just a comment, almost identical to yours, please explain, obviously your job as a mod is to delete offensive posts, so why this one??, I'm curious to know the reason.

Thanks.
no post of yours in this thread has been edited,

the post of yours that was edited, referred to in this thread was another members welcome thread.

the person said hello, he didn't tell you where he lived,
if someone doesn't tell you where they live it's not up to you to use privileged information left over from your moderator days to inform the world of this persons geographic location, it's not the first time you've been asked to keep privileged information to yourself.

if you can't see the sense in that then frankly, I really do give up.

I wish I could have seen what was edited out of it..
it's in the spam bin http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=62812
retitled of course from the original thread, the link can be found in this post.

my post even got deleted :mad: all i said was
your post wasn't deleted, it was moved, your post count is unaffected, and it wasn't moved for being offensive or breaking rules, I was trying to preserve the normal continuity of the thread, else it just brings up questions about what posts were deleted and makes latter posts non sensicle

if this place is causeing you headaches then stop causing arguments.

Having never even seen the VB admin screen I didn't know this, but honestly, this means there is pretty much even less reason for this not to be done!

Giving out a honest ammound of real registered member sometimes helps other users to register, because it gives them a honest hope and a more variety of registration names.

Back
Top Bottom