Some members......

Status
Not open for further replies.
After spending a month here, this is seriously a MIDDLE SCHOOL FORUM.
I don't even feel like I am in high school when I am replying here, and you guys blow stuff way out of proportion. Seriously, it's like middle school: "Oh no he said something behind my back! Lets start rumors!"
After a month here, I am seirously considering leaving because you guys can't stomach a joke, and rules are not guidelines, they are strict military orders.

I've seen a lot of what Brookfield posted in the last few weeks, and I have seen nothing worse than ANY other moderator on any other forum commits on a daily basis, but you guys seem to find the smallest wrong, and blow it up to huge size and show it to the entire community. Ever heard of privacy? Ethics? I'm sorry but don't even answer that, it's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.
Goodbye, hope you don't miss me, because I won't miss you.

A fair and very valid point

Brookfield,

In my honest opinion, I am not sure why you have created this thread, I know you have said that you do are doing this to apologise once and for all, and that is fair enough. However, I don't believe this will be enough, as has been said previously by others you need to demonstrate this in your actions.

I truly believe that if you are repentant, and what I wish to say here is that I do not condone the actions of some of the members, in this campaign against you, and I believe that some have shown themselves in a light which has been revealing. I also do not believe that sending abusive messages, using information for your own self, if they were meant in good intentions or not is not appropriate for a moderator.

I believe that you should voluntarily step down as moderator yes I know that your status is as a Guru, but you have also demonstrated that you still have some mod powers. In this whole debacle you have lost the respect of a lot of the members, and you have a long way to get it back. I would suggest that you step down for 6 months or so, you can still contribute to the forum, be a member for a while and relax, you have said yourself that you are getting stressed from this all, so ease back, earn the respect back.

Demonstrate to others why you was made a mod in the first place, and then discuss it with David in 6 months time.

To the others, ease back, let Brookfield have a chance to display this, stop using this as an opportunity to jump on someone's back to create a drama which is not appropriate for the forum, as has been seen in this forum, in the two years that I have been here, we jump from one drama to another, lets be the forum that it is here for, to learn and inform about computers, to have social community, to have a place on the internet where people want to come to.
Joe Joe, you disappoint me, I thought you were my friend, what's all this??, talk about mixed messages, for example;
"you should step down as mod" then "ease back, let Brookfield have a chance to display display this, stop using this as an opportunity to jump on someone's back......."
What sort of message are those statements sending out?, I''ll tell you shall I? garbled ones that's what.

Respect is earned not given Brookfield.

I would suggest to you that a simple apology (for whatever reasons) is the first step on what would appear to be a very long journey that you have embarked on.

Hopefully you are sincere and all your previous nonsense will now cease, I think you should serve a probation period of time as an ordinary member until you have proven you are fit to hold moderator status.

Personally I don't think you're "cut from the right cloth" to be a mod but that is not my decision to make.

Good luck.
I did give an apology in my original post, did you not see that?, I am sincere but I haven't had chance to prove it yet, as I'm too busy reading replies to my thread, but thank you for your good luck wishes.

and a double post :rolleyes:

even less respect now.....

i cant be arsed to carry on deleting these, carry on as you want.. the other members will make up their minds, and see what you are really like (teh 76% of people who voted in that poll have the right idea, im sure the rest will follow suit when they see you acting like this)

Joe Joe, you disappoint me, I thought you were my friend, what's all this??, talk about mixed messages, for example;
"you should step down as mod" then "ease back, let Brookfield have a chance to display display this, stop using this as an opportunity to jump on someone's back......."
What sort of message are those statements sending out?, I''ll tell you shall I? garbled ones that's what.

I am back from my ban, but my first observation is that you choose to jump on somebody who is actually trying to help you.

There were no "mixed messages" in "Joe"'s post. What he said was perfectly plain and perfectly clear and, if you cannot understand/accept that or indeed the general opinions of others, then my original point still stands; you should stand aside and keep a low profile if only to help yourself and to allow you to maintain a shred of dignity. Please remember many, many members do not want you here.

I was still reading the forum whilst banned and saw yet more abominable behaviour from you. The hole you have dug for yourself seems to be getting drastically deeper, and you seem to be completely "taking the piss" regarding the limited respect you still have. Respect is hard to earn, but all too easy to discard.

No Maurice, if you want to attack me, then feel free, be disappointed in me, feel free.....however do not patronise me. I have been your friend and I will continue to do so, and friends, will say when they think you are going wrong.

You have accused me of sending garbled or mixed messages, however you have been very selective of what you choose to read out of my post. I have posted a response which is not attacking you it is my honest opinion.

In regards to the example you have chosen to use, how you wrote it

'you should step down as mod' and then 'ease back'

What I actually wrote is you should voluntarily step down, and you have then chosen to ignore the rest of the paragraph which explains my reasoning. The 'ease back' was addressed to the other members whom have jumped on you who have picked up on your every mistake.

I am not going to apologise for nothing that I have written in my post as it has not been slanderous in my opinion, and you have every right to disagree, as we are all entitled to our opinions.

Again in my own opinion, the messages are very clear, but I will reiterate it one more time.....

So yes you can tell me that you think I am sending out mixed messages or to quote you "very garbled ones, thats what" think about the messages that you are sending out.

You apologise and then you have reacted negatively to constructive criticism, which you indeed said that you would not do.

I will not continue this discussion in the open forum, if however you wish to continue it privately I will be happy to do so.

Double post merged.

I am not going to say anything here, since members have made it clear that they don't like mods talking about other mods/specially privileged people/Brookfield

To the others, ease back, let Brookfield have a chance to display this, stop using this as an opportunity to jump on someone's back to create a drama which is not appropriate for the forum, as has been seen in this forum, in the two years that I have been here, we jump from one drama to another, lets be the forum that it is here for, to learn and inform about computers, to have social community, to have a place on the internet where people want to come to.

Whilst I agree with most of what you are saying (as far as Brookfield stepping down goes), I do feel you have taken after him somewhat, just look at all those commas in the quoted fragment.

Brookfield, give it up; it is now a state of "game over".

im sorry, the last time i heard commas were a way of breaking up a sentence to make it easier to read. There is no maximum number of commas in a sentence, no laws about it. If i wanted to, i, could, put, as, many, as, I, liked, but that doesn't meant that im taking after someone who's using them a lot. Using commas is not contagious! Stop nit-picking.

Jeez...

All I will say is the whole Brookfield issue has been debated countless times over and I feel like that something should be done, CF has two choices.

1: Demote Brookfield from moderator
2: Leave Brookfield as a moderator and put the whole damn issue behind us

Everyones opinions, theory's and personal feelings aside that's what it all boils down to is those two choices. He stays as a mod or he's out. I think the sooner that the whole Brookfield controversy is resolved permanently and put behind us the forum can move forward. Because honestly, the longer we protract the issue the less appealing the forum will become to new members and no amount of custom avatars, custom sigs or new forum theme will make a community that seems unfriendly appealing.

Don't get me wrong, I really like CF and don't want to seem cross. But I think the sooner the whole controversy is resolved and put behind us the better for the forum:)

Off topic:

Ahyoka man, you only have 500 posts? It seems like you have been here forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom