The future of CF

NeonFire said:
I don't see how switching the order of two forums is going to help much. Users can still click on whichever forum they wish to visit easily.

I know I would be less inclined to visit a specific forum if I have to scroll all the way down just to see it. Maybe not to vets of CF, but for newbies especially.

1) I agree with demoting him. He has gotten way out of hand, and its getting to the point where I feel my security is compromised, and I often think of leaving this forum until he does to protect my security.

2)all those accounts should be removed to neaten up the members list, david. IP banning only stops noob spammers who don't know what a proxy is.

3)Agreed lets have a contest to design the best skin?

4)disable it in the social lounge.

5)agreed, what mods need to do is in the staff lounge create a set of strict guidelines, and follow them to the button.

6) *CObrookfieldUGH*

7) see number 6.

ALSO, DAVID, ADD A SIMPLE CAPTCHA!!!! that will stop the bots and lighten the mods workload.

Edit (know how it works brook?):
here is an audio clip I orgionally intended to not release to the public, only brookfield when Thelis was contemplating leaving, but I now have no choice. This is from a recording session of compcast. link (mp3)

No we shouldnt have a contest for the best skin. We should gather 3, or 4 different ones, and just have them as options to choose, but this one, or an updated version of this one can be kept defualt.

It looks like avforums.com has the updated version of our theme.

so far I agree with everything said in this thread.

I especially like the idea of rearranging the forums to put emphasis on the fact that this is a computer forum, where people can come to get help.

and also it's a nice place where the members chat to each other.

Edit (know how it works brook?):
here is an audio clip I orgionally intended to not release to the public, only brookfield when Thelis was contemplating leaving, but I now have no choice. This is from a recording session of compcast. link (mp3)

Ahh the dulcet tones of my voice. I love it Rubber, nice job.

I agree with the poster on some topics. First off, the rep system IS a joke. I say remove it, and a lot of people agree with me... but it is not the premier of our troubles.

Brookfield's mod powers are like a bad moss, as much as we try to remove them, they will stay. I really hate the fact that he still can see reported posts, since that gives him access to a lot of private info... but this issue is a dead horse by now, no use beating it more.

We have to realize that David does not have an incredible amount of time, and cannot fully understand the Brook issue. He is online once a day, but his exposure is pretty minimal. I feel as if we need a head mod to take care of the mods, but that is just my opinion. That would help out everyone, the moderating team, the members, and David.

I believe we need a second administrator to sort out day-to-day problems and requests when David is unavailable or busy. As long as David maintains total control of his server and the site database, I cannot see a problem as he will always, always be in control. If it was my own site I would definitely think about it.

I do have much more to say on this thread as a whole, but I am going out this evening and do not have time. More will follow.

I believe we need a second administrator to sort out day-to-day problems and requests when David is unavailable or busy. As long as David maintains total control of his server and the site database, I cannot see a problem as he will always, always be in control. If it was my own site I would definitely think about it.

I do have much more to say on this thread as a whole, but I am going out this evening and do not have time. More will follow.
The other thing is that David needs to start responding to users opinions and suggestions. Right now, he will only respond to suggestions he likes. Case in point - the custom avatars. How many people did it take to call for them for him to even post in a thread about it? He doesn't need to take every person's suggestions, but at least respond to them.

I agree.

The other thing is that David needs to start responding to users opinions and suggestions. Right now, he will only respond to suggestions he likes. Case in point - the custom avatars. How many people did it take to call for them for him to even post in a thread about it? He doesn't need to take every person's suggestions, but at least respond to them.
I agree with that too. Suggestions need to at least be responded to unless they are completely ridicilious. David's been ignoring every single one other than the ones he liked (very few).

I'm starting to get the impression that David doesn't care about the forum.

Back
Top Bottom