Images on webpages not showing up!

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
nopics.jpg

from

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=259

I asked this a long time ago and never got a response.

I feel like I'm missing out on alot of stuff on webpages, and this is what happenns in IE7.0

nopicsIE.jpg

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEEEEEASE

:[

have you tried going to

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Multimedia and make sure "Show Pictures" is checked.

and i heard this somewhere ..
Another Forum said:
Search for a file called "hosts" on your C: drive. Once you find it, open it and search inside of it for the string "com.com"... you might find a couple of entries. I believe it is safe to just delete any line with that in it, as you can't break anything when messing with the hosts file. In fact, you can delete the entire file, it won't hurt your computer a bit. That's just where windows stores "anti-ad" information, most ad-blockers use that file for that very purpose. On every boot, Windows recreates that file if it is missing, so don't worry about deleting it. Just go ahead and delete it and THEN try the website again. It should work just fine.
but im not entirely sure how safe it is ?

Yes, that feature is checked in my firefox as well as in my IE.

I use firefox so that is what I am more conerned with.

I thought it might be a plugin problem, because I have ALOT of those with my FF.

Any other suggestions?

I will def. give out some kudo points!

well did u try that thing i got frmo another site ?

or google about just to see if its safe or wait for other members to comment on it,

also do the images show up on IE ? try re installing FF

You might need to update firefox. Go to help and click check for updates. Or you might have to reinstall FF.

It will keep all my saved passwords, toolbar bookmarks, bookmarks, and username fields for sites and everything? :/

But, I think that that wont solve the problem because there is still a problem with that webpage images showing up even in IE. So I think its something deeper than just FF.

BUMP.

It can't be just FF because they don't show up in IE either.

And I've been having some types of JAVA problems with my web browsers too. Very rarely, but sometimes I can't click certain things or use drop down menus on certain sites. But on every other computer, they work fine.

PLEASE HELP, PC GURUS!

This may be a stupid thing to suggest, but who knows:

1) Check your Firewall, that its not set to block certain things on webpages.

(Try for instance to turn on the default Windows Firewall for a minute or so, and disable the main one you use, to check if it is really blocking information you need. Make sure to switch it back mind.)

2) Try going into your Network Connections in the Control Panel and set up a new one, that'll work with your Internet Service Provider. Disable the old one, and make the new one the default to use. When you are sure it's working fine, delete the old one, and keep the new one.

See if these suggestions change anything :)

Back
Top Bottom