help i need system performance upgrade!

hmm seems im pretty screwed i have a i945p which probobly sucks and it can only handle p4 or celeron d. is there a good cheap gaming mobo around? that can do c2d if so link please

The thing is, the Intel 945P Express chipset you have should support Core 2 Duo though along with ancient P4s and Celeron Ds. Do others agree with me?

BUt if you still want a new motherboard, here's a goood one with a much upgraded chipset:

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059

Standard features, reliable--from one of the greatest motherboard manufacturer ever, up to quad core support, rockin chipset, and it's under $100.

whats the difference? and i think there is only the express chip??? i coldnt find any other

It's obvious you need to upgrade. Get a new motherboard and a new CPU to play Crysis:

Consider any of these CPUs--E6850, E6750, E6540, E6550 (all are Intel Core 2 Duo). The ultimate prize is the Q6600 Intel Core 2 Quad. Although a new revision of that is coming soon.

For the motherboard, just get the one I linked. Total cost should be around $250-$300. Conroe is defintely better than an Allendale but comes at a higher price. You get what you pay for. That's all I can say. Bottom line is just get the one that fits in your budget. If you want performance, you're going to pay high price. Otherwise, the Allendale is a steal.

Back
Top Bottom